AVIC411.com

Ring tones won't play through speakers w/ BTB200

I have a D3 w/ the BTB200. My phone is a Blackberry Curve. When I have an incoming call, the source automatically switches to the BT Phone and goes silent. My phone plays the ringtone through it's speaker, but not the vehicle's speakers. Other than that, I can make and receive calls fine. Is there some setting I need to adjust?

no bluetooth headset or car stereo integration i have ever seen has had that capability. every device seems to have its own ring, regardless of the phone you use. until someone on this forum posted that their btb200 did it for them, i never even considered it a possibility, and if pioneer says no, i would tend to agree.

if your problem is that there is silence and no ring at all, did you check the auto call answer settings?

There's an option in the function menu of the bluetooth telephone that says "Ring Tone" ON or OFF. What purpose does it serve if it doesn't play the ring tone from the phone? When I accept an incoming call and I hit the accept button, i can hear the ring tone for a second through the speakers.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest astrobill

Despite the earlier guy's posting, I've never heard of the AVICD3 passing through the ring tone from any cell phone, and the manual seems to indicate that it's not SUPPOSED TO be able to read the ring tones or pass them from your phone.

It either uses it's own ring tone or no tone, if you turn it off.

Having said that, it's POSSIBLE that some phones send their ring tones over Bluetooth, but most simply transmit the FACT that they're ringing, and allow the Bluetooth devices to use whatever rings THEY are equipped to allow.

I had it playing it's own ringtone for a week or so, then it just stopped and goes silent when I have an incoming call. It seems pretty silly that phones these days can't send the ringtone via bluetooth. Hell when I hit accept on the screen I hear a split second of the ringtone through the vehicle's speakers. Seems like there would be a setting somewhere to allow you to hear it before you accept.

It plays my custom ringtones from my krazr. The original posters phone may not have that bluetooth profile though

That lets the D3 play its own ring tone. It will not output the ring tone from your phone.

Really? There's a profile that manages custom ringtones? I am sure my phone does not have it, what is that profile? As far as I have figured the ringtone option on the D3 is to turn on/off the only ringtone sound the D3 has. But if my phone does not have the profile then it would make sense that it would not work.

I am trying not to sound like a smartass but it kinda reads that way. I am genuinely interested.

• 1 month later...
Guest astrobill

I suspect the guys who have their custom ringtones playing through the AVIC are connecting their phones as Bluetooth audio devices and not as Bluetooth phones.

The AVIC + Bluetooth box allows both types of "AV Sources"....some phones probably allow themselves to be connected as audio devices and not as simple phones.

Nope, I only use BT-Tel. All my mp3s are 30 seconds or less in length so there is no reason to use the audio player with them

I suspect the guys who have their custom ringtones playing through the AVIC are connecting their phones as Bluetooth audio devices and not as Bluetooth phones.

The AVIC + Bluetooth box allows both types of "AV Sources"....some phones probably allow themselves to be connected as audio devices and not as simple phones.