AVIC411.com

Motion bypass

Has anyone tried the motion bypass trick that is being sold on ebay? I haven't seen any other mods out there yet. The seller states it's fully tested with the Z1, but you know ebay........they can put anything on there. Heres the link: [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Avic-Z1-D2-D1-N1-N2-N3-Video-In-Motion-Bypass_W0QQitemZ8056083422QQcategoryZ38636QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/Avic-Z1-D2-D1-N1-N2 ... dZViewItem[/url]
Guest billauto
I installed it. it did not work very well. bypasses for a few minuters then u have to flip the switch again. If u go to map and then back to av u have to flip the switch. I only did short test drive as it is in my rv. I am trying out the other medod( light on 3 times) and so far have had good results.
Bill
Guest Joshua
It does NOT work. As Bill has posted it still knows you are moving. Bill please email him and let him know it doesn't work. He needs to pull that off ebay if noone can get it to work.

I've actually spoken to him on the phone and he claims that it does work with units they have there, but I'm not sure I believe him.
  • 4 weeks later...
This DOES work, I handmake these bypasses myself, they are installed and working on all 3 of the installer vehicles at my shop. I have sold dozens of them on ebay, just check my feedback! I have had a handful of people with problems with my bypass. It is attributed to installer error or incorrect installation of the Avic's. Either people are grounding the E-brake wire permanently or their speed sense is not correctly connected, as always you can call me directly with any tech support questions at the number listed on your directions for installing the bypass.
  • 1 month later...
I just stupidly bought the info thinkin what the hell, cant hurt. Gave it to my audio guys 2 days ago..It's been workin like a charm ever since.

I'll save you guys the 6.99 I paid for it lol Here it is-

1. Make sure all of your wires are properly connected. Specifically, your dimmer wire.

2. Ensure that the e-brake is off.

3. The unit must be on a source other than the DVD before you power it up (XM, Sirius, FM).

4. When you power the unit on, turn your headlights on and off 3 times before the unit finishes its startup sequence, basically before the music starts.

5. Now you can navigate through the various sources (DVD, CD, DSR, etc) and the unit will not shut off the video when you reach speeds above 15 mph.

This works every time. It might take you a time or two to get used to turning on the lights 3 times before the unit powers up, but once you get the hang of it you are all set.

Also, you can purchase a pulse time relay from PAC model: TR7 just do a google search to find a retailer or internet dealer. Once you have this unit you can program it to deliver a positive pulse three times upon startup to the dimmer wire of your Z1.

Alternately, you can hook up a switch to your dimmer wire and toggle the switch 3 times instead of your lights. Any of the three ways will work, the PAC TR7 is probably preferred, as it will do it automically for you if installed properly.

I used the pac TR7 with it.

dolla
[quote name="Martinistr8up1"]This DOES work, I handmake these bypasses myself, they are installed and working on all 3 of the installer vehicles at my shop. I have sold dozens of them on ebay, just check my feedback! I have had a handful of people with problems with my bypass. It is attributed to installer error or incorrect installation of the Avic's. Either people are grounding the E-brake wire permanently or their speed sense is not correctly connected, as always you can call me directly with any tech support questions at the number listed on your directions for installing the bypass.[/quote]

No offense, but "works" is a subjective term. At best this "fakes" your nav system into thinking it's stopped and no longer moving. At best this will make your position stationary while you do other things. I don't know if I would say that it "works" it's a band-aid at best. Problem is the Avic-Z1 has build in motion sensors (which you don't and can not get around with your relays) and it will use them for GPS navigation if possible, aids in positioning. But it doesn't do it till it's auto calibrated. If you just installed the Z1, it might work for a while, if you had the switch on a lot it might never calibrate enough to use that information. It also depends on the smoothness of the vehicle (if it will sense enough movement to kill the bypass). Trust me, I put that to the test myself in my truck. I tried "faking it out" at the expense of the nav system just to try, and the Z1 eventually figured it out.

[quote name="dollabillz"]I bought that info b4 I found this great forum here today :D[/quote]

Sorry about that. Thanks for posting what they sell, I was curious what they sold for $7. Selling information seems weird to me (maybe a little scummy), lots of money they made for no work, they probable found this web site and sold the information learned from here. I know those sellers didn't exist when I first learned how to do that (those auctions were not there, when I was creating my circuit, and I learned this flashing the light trick here).

Some of my friends told me I should put up some of my circuits on ebay. I did and I think that one of the people who sell that information on ebay might have "bought" one of them to just get my auction off ebay. I haven't received payment yet for it, even after sending a message to them and a paypal invoice. The buyer was a 0 feedback account and a newly created account. Right now I'm running a little low on circuits so I didn't repost any cause I want to save them for forum members first. Any extra will go on ebay. Should have a TON done on monday or tuesday so more auctions will go back up.

Maybe I should create an auction for $5 and in my email just point them here. :)
[quote]No offense, but "works" is a subjective term. At best this "fakes" your nav system into thinking it's stopped and no longer moving. At best this will make your position stationary while you do other things. I don't know if I would say that it "works" it's a band-aid at best. Problem is the Avic-Z1 has build in motion sensors (which you don't and can not get around with your relays) and it will use them for GPS navigation if possible, aids in positioning. But it doesn't do it till it's auto calibrated. If you just installed the Z1, it might work for a while, if you had the switch on a lot it might never calibrate enough to use that information. It also depends on the smoothness of the vehicle (if it will sense enough movement to kill the bypass). Trust me, I put that to the test myself in my truck. I tried "faking it out" at the expense of the nav system just to try, and the Z1 eventually figured it out. [/quote]

Unfortunetly I didnt know of this site or your great method b4 I found that info on ebay. I bought it know full well it probably was a scam lol But my audio guys didnt have a clue on how to bypass this thing so I went for it.

Just curious what does this disable in my radio, why would it be a bad way to do it? I defnielty dont want to ruin this thing I bought 3 of em n they aint freakin cheap! heh
[quote name="dollabillz"]Unfortunetly I didnt know of this site or your great method b4 I found that info on ebay. I bought it know full well it probably was a scam lol But my audio guys didnt have a clue on how to bypass this thing so I went for it.

Just curious what does this disable in my radio, why would it be a bad way to do it? I defnielty dont want to ruin this thing I bought 3 of em n they aint freakin cheap! heh[/quote]

Well the information is great. That's what you want to do, flash you headlights. Then whatever is there when you are stopped, is there when you are moving. The TR7's are a good off the shelf solution... but if you have auto headlights or might turn on your lights within the first 10 seconds after you start the car, you will need 2 of them programmed differently. There is a stick on how to program them.

That's why I designed my circuit, it's a smart combination of the functionality of the 2 TR7's. No programming involved.

This is what you want to do, flash the lights manually, use 2 TR7's or my circuit.

The "bad way to do it" was the relays. They basically yank the connection of the GPS antenna and set the parking brake "faking" the Z1 to think it's stopped. So if you want to add in an address or whatever, it trys to fake out the Z1 and it thinks your car is stationary. The nav never updates. But it's internal motion sensors will figure it out eventually and kill that also. The only way to do it is with something flashing the ILL input on the radio.
Nice..I had the tr7 solution put in my 2004 H2 couple days ago that has auto headlights, seems to work.

The 3rd Z1 will be going into a 2006 Navigator liek the one Ive seen in your pix, looks good in ya dash btw I was nt sure how it would look in a nav till I saw your pix heh. I may just pick up your solution for when Im ready for that install. Seeing from all the posts on how well it works, Ill try it out
Yah, my circuit is functionally no different than 2 TR7's programmed correctly with diodes between them keeping them from feeding back into eachother. It's just easier to install and no programming.

If you only have 1 TR7 and you turn the lights on within 10 seconds the one TR7 won't work.

If you already have the TR7 solution working, it's not necessary to remove them to put mine in. I just think mine is easier to install.