AVIC411.com

Z2 for the new Tacoma models?

Well I recently got into a car accident, was rear ended by some blind woman and now my car is totalled. In it, I had an Avic N2 Nav system.

I've been using the Pioneer system since Avic N1( I like this more than N2). Someone jacked it out of my truck and my insurance replaced it with an N2, which kinda sucked because of the satefy thing.

Anyhow, I was at the dealership looking for a new truck. I'm planning to get the 07 Tacoma, but I looked inside and the dash board looked really synchronized with the interior design, so I'm not sure if you can install a Z2 in it or not. Does anyone know? I don't want to buy it and then it can't be put in.

Another question. I've been looking up reviews on amazon, circuit city and a bunch of forums( thats how i found this forum, wish I knew about it when I had the n2). I noticed ppl said that it freezes and overheat a lot. Is this true? And if so, is it a big hindrance? Also heard the GPS was whacky sometimes. True?

My experience with the N2. It does freeze up on me when its really hot outside. Takes a bout 5-10 minutes to turn on hot days. The screen light dims a lot of times, so it gets kinda dark. Some kind of lighting problem I guess, it bothered me at first but I ignored it and got use to it.

It's Nav system, I loved it, but it DOES send me to places that dont exist sometimes, or makes me take useless turns and long cuts. Ive learned to cope with it, so is the Z2 nav the same?

Thanks,

Andy

Damn, that looks nice! I didn't realize it would look so nice in this car. :)

You guys rule, appreciate it. I already ordered the z2 on amazon for about 1200-1300. Good price yeah? I don't know how to install these things so I'm going to have a friend of a friend do it for me for about 80 bucks. Just wanted to make sure its possible without having to rip the whole dashboard out. lol

Thats a CD changer. It connects to the P-bus cable hookup at the back of the Z2. All the hookups are back there, no need for a hideaway like the N series

I was referring to one of these things right here.

http://www.scionlife.com/gallery/personal/10437_6.jpg

The Avic N1 and N2 had it(doenst look like that though, a lot flatter). You can connect stuff to it like other monitors, audio stuff and so on.

Anyways, so I guess Z2 doesnt require it then. Glad to know. :)