AVIC411.com

D3 mapping off-track..wtf

Hey everyone this my first post. I noticed on several occasions my D3 has mapped me on the wrong street. It would say I'm on street "A" when in reality I'm on street "B" not too far from street "A". Anyone know why this happens.

I have had to soft reset the entire unit every time is does that is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance guys/gals

Bad GPS accuracy and bad routing are two separate issues. My D3 has always had very good accuracy. I agree with whtcrxghst - probably a problem of satellite signal strength. And I'm guessing Jay's VSS may not be hooked up properly. Has nothing to do the D3's bad routing though.

New to all of this, what is a VSS

im also curious - where is your gps receiver located?

EDIT - just a note - i live in chicago (plenty of buildings and what not blocking line of site) - ive only had that issue ONCE and that was when i merged onto the expressway from a street running directly parallel - as soon as i merged to the furthest lane, the nav corrected itself - im guessing its a sat reception problem (as others have indicated)