AVIC411.com

VSS High or Low wire?

Ok i have located on my car my VSS and see that there are two wires. After reading on a saturn forum the say this..

Yellow=high signal

Purple=low signal.

Now the questionis which one to hook up to? I asked on the saturn forum and they said they wernt sure but they thought it wouldnt matter. ANyone can confirm this?

As a caution, I would not try connecting to both of them. Doing so will essentailly be equivalent to connecting a jumper wire between the high and low signal wires which would not be good I would guess.

Word of wisdom :idea::roll::wink::wink:

I will try it tomorrow. My new Avic d3 come tomorrow. Im pretty dam excited!!!!! Heck i didnt even know there was a speedodometer on the avic.

Ok i have located on my car my VSS and see that there are two wires. After reading on a saturn forum the say this..

Yellow=high signal

Purple=low signal.

Now the questionis which one to hook up to? I asked on the saturn forum and they said they wernt sure but they thought it wouldnt matter. ANyone can confirm this?

Those sound like CAN lines. They are fiber optic and are used to transmit multiple signals. You need to find a different line.

You can go to www.the12volt.com and search your vehicle to see if it is listed.

Use low. They are individual wheel VSS wires, for the ABS.

They are far from being "fiber optic" :roll:

What I ment to say is they are similar to Fideroptics....

:P

CAN bus uses one bus to send and receive multiple signals.... the difference in the CAN BUS is that it can only Send/Recieve the signal one at a time.

Here is the WIKI Description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

So using the CAN Bus will only confuse the AVIC.... more than likely it wont work and it could affect another gauge.

I mentioned in your other post...using the MOVE line that goes from the Cluster to the Cruise module.

Use low. There are 2 wires going to each front wheel sensor, and either 2 pairs going to each rear or 1 pair of the rear axel. As with any sensor, one wire going in "high", and one wire going out "low".

Usually this is a last option, some vehicle I have seen it tripping the ABS light. GM's are usually green/wht for VSS. Post up what year, make and model of your car and see if there is a better solution.

One other thing, your car does not have Canbus, it has either class 2 data or LAN communication, which is still irrelevent to your individual wheel speed sensors. There are alot of newer GM's where there is no specific VSS, everything is read off the ABS module through data, hence using a individual wheel sensor.