AVIC411.com

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

For the 08 Pathfinder the Reverse wire was light blue and was found on the divers side under the step plate (Plastic piece that holds the carpet down on the floor). Once i got to the group of wires i just used a volt meter to find the right one (i think there were 2 lt blue wires).

The VSS on this car wasn't an actual wire but rather it pulls the speed pulse from the instrument cluster itself: To do this you have to disassemble enough of the car so you can get to the gauge cluster. From there, 1 harness plugs directly into the top. Disconnect the plug and you will see tiny numbers in the corner (This helps identify Pins 1-40) Take the Speed Signal wire from your unit and plug it into Pin # 6 (Currently it will be empty) Once you plug it back and re assemble the car it should grab the speed pulse right from the harness/gauge cluster.

I have an '06 Pathfinder. My check engine light came on, I took it into the dealer, they hooked up a diagnostic machine to the plug under the driver side, then cleared the light. As I was driving, I noticed that the navigation was off. Whn I entered in a destination my position on the map was about 2 blocks from the destination. The dealer argued that nothing they did could have caused this but all I know is that is was working when I took it into the dealer. I then took it to the installer, he took the unit (a D-2) out and check that all the connections into, I think, the wiring harness just behind the unit. He then said it was working. When I starting driving I noticed that the unit was not sensing a spedd pulse and was in "simple hybrid" mode. I cleared both and also reset the unit entriely...still not working. Took it back to the installer and he was perplexed but said he could run a wire (I think) somewhere else to pick up the speed pulse. Does anyone know if the actions of the dealer could have cuased this problem ?