AVIC411.com

I WANT QWERTY

As all of you might know, our avic-d3 do not come with qwerty keyboards for the navigation system. This is a HUGE pain in the ass for me. Do you guys think if we keep e-mailing pioneer about this issue, they will come out with a software update that will give us the option of choosing a qwerty keyboard opposed to the alphabetical one?

They're not going to update the software on this unit if they're going to be marketing it's replacement in a few months or so. Besides, Pioneer is notorious for not listening to it's customers complaints/suggestions.

Get used to it, or return it and buy a Z1/2

As all of you might know, our avic-d3 do not come with qwerty keyboards for the navigation system. This is a HUGE pain in the ass for me. Do you guys think if we keep e-mailing pioneer about this issue, they will come out with a software update that will give us the option of choosing a qwerty keyboard opposed to the alphabetical one?

+1 It's like how you have to get used to the QWERTY board when your first learning how to type. You'll just have to be patient and get used to the letters being in order.

It's funny because when my little brother learned to type, he was saying why didn't they just put all the letters in order.

Two comments:

1) I used an AVIC-88DVD 3 years ago. I just installed a D3 into my fiance's car. Even though considerable time has passed between the introduction of the AVIC-88DVD and the D3, the interface hasn't changed, nor the map layout, and there have only been marginal improvements in the software.

2) I feel this unit runs very similar software as compared to the Z1, just minus the hard drive. It seems like Pioneer spent time intentionally leaving features out of this unit that are found on the Z1/2. Every company needs an entry-level product, I suppose this is Pioneers'.

I find that the NAV "features" of the 88 in my Rover and the D3 in the car equally suck. The menu system sucks and advanced searches are painful, and usually useless information. I just upgraded my 88 to the 70 series software and the routing was still terrible. The Garmin 376C is going back in the cars- it was far easier to use and more accurate.

Querty would be a HUGE improvement, but then again- all the other problems still make me lose faith in Pioneer's NAV products.