AVIC411.com

Found another D3/iPod bug...

I found that if I'm listening to the iPod on my D3, and I hit the pause button to stop it from playing- that after I turn the car off and then get back in and start the car again, it starts playing the song automatically at startup. Very annoying. Today I drove to an appointment. On the way there, I was rocking out to some music on the iPod attached to the D3. I hit pause, and then turned the car off. I pick up two business guests to ride with me. I start the car, and they're greeted with my D3 blasting in their ears the last song I played! It did it to me a couple more times later on that day, so I I'm not just making it up.

Any logical solutions?

Turn the volume down before you turn the car off.

That's not a solution. If I've hit the pause button, pause should be pause, and should remain as such unless I push pause again. I suppose I could also smash the unit with a hammer before exiting the vehicle too, huh?

Pioneer. Are you listening? Please test your units next time before releasing them to the public.

It's not Pioneer's fault, dude. If you pause an ipod, power down what's hooked up to the data port, then power it back up, it's going to start playing from where it left off. It's going to happen that way REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT'S HOOKED UP TO.

Exactly. Why didn't you just source it off? It will be in the same spot next time you switch to ipod

It's not Pioneer's fault, dude. If you pause an ipod, power down what's hooked up to the data port, then power it back up, it's going to start playing from where it left off. It's going to happen that way REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT'S HOOKED UP TO.

I don't know about that. I've had multiple iPods attached to various sources over the years, and this has never happened to me before.

Basically, because you're not hitting pause on the ipod itself, but on the device controlling it, the ipod doesn't recall the pause command after it's been shut down and powered back up. Much the same way that if you select say, a playlist from your D3, if you hit the ipod menu button on the D3's display, it will bring you back one step. But, if you turn off the car, and restart it, it will continue playing where it left off, but the menu/back button will be useless, as the ipod doesn't remember the steps it went through to get there.

It basically comes down to a problem of how the ipod handles the interface, not how the interface handles the ipod.