AVIC411.com

iPod working on right channel only

Howdy.

I recently got my iPod cable for the D3 and hooked it up without any trouble. The problem is that when I plug in my iPod and try to listen, I only get audio out of my right side speakers. I also noticed some strange static sounds. The same thing happens when I try to plug in my iPhone to the same cable. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Sorry to say it, but you might have a faulty ipod cable. The ipod doesn't have a left/right fader, and if the audio (fade/balance) settings on your D3 are OK it only leaves the cable as the culprit.

That's what I was afraid of.... Thanks for the help, I've just got to get this sucker exchanged now. The only problem is I ordered it from Hong Kong.

Thanks again!

:P

Why in the hell did you buy it from Hong Kong? That's just crazy.

Ha, if you look at all of your electronics in your home/car, I'm willing to bet that 90% of them come from HK too. Shipping was only $10, and the cable, I believe, was $7.99. I can't buy these cables from any place remotely close to where I live, so I found the best price and went with it. It's no different than the cables you pay $30 for. I'm sure I'm not the first one to get a defective cable.

Where I got the cable and why have zero relevance to the problem that I posted.

Thanks!

It would if it was a crappy 3rd party cable and not the actual Pioneer cable.

The cable I have is identical to any of the other cables, including the 'Pioneer' cable. The people I bought it from get them directly from the factory. If it's the cable that has the problem, it is just a chance occurrence.

Thanks for your help.

before everyone blames the cable. How about the ipod dock connector. Broken, dirty, corroded pins? i will have to go find a schematic of the dock connector and see which caries left and right channels, but i would bet its the ipod over the cable. Cables are just to simple to just fail like that. If it is the cable then like the OP said its a chance of occurrence. Everything is made in china, big deal.

EDIT: http://pinouts.ru/PortableDevices/ipod_pinout.shtml

before everyone blames the cable. How about the ipod dock connector. Broken, dirty, corroded pins? i will have to go find a schematic of the dock connector and see which caries left and right channels, but i would bet its the ipod over the cable. Cables are just to simple to just fail like that. If it is the cable then like the OP said its a chance of occurrence. Everything is made in china, big deal.

Well considering the fact that he said it happens on both his ipod AND his iphone, I doubt the same exact pins have gone bad on both of their data ports.

Well considering the fact that he said it happens on both his ipod AND his iphone, I doubt the same exact pins have gone bad on both of their data ports.

oops, sorry i missed that part. Sounds like a faulty cable.

• 1 year later...

{/quote]I contacted the seller and they are going to cross-ship me another cable. I'll go ahead and check the connection in the back of the head unit again too just to be extra sure.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Hey, I just had the same thing happen to me. But I think I can pin point the damage that was done to the cable. I was getting into my truck and the cable was laying on the floor when I stepped on it. Now I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for not running the wire into the center console. Now I'll see if Crutchfield will replace it.

• 1 year later...