AVIC411.com

Toggle Switch installed by CC

Hey i am brand new to anything dealing with Car Audio Visual, so please forgive me.
I recently bought the Z1 at circuit city and they installed it but when i picked it up they had generously installed a toggle switch to override the dvd and map controls.
here is my question. How the hell does it work. They guy wouldnt go into any explanation and i havent seen this before. It only has an up and down positino. Once flicked down and then up the controls become active (while driving) for a few seconds and then back to being locked out.
can someone please advicse.
Thank you so much.
I believe that the switch trips some relays and disconnects the GPS antenna and disconencts the VSS wire and fakes the Z1 into thinking the parking brake is on. This will then trick the Z1 into thinking that it's no longer moving and since the parking brake is on it will give you access to the unit. But as I have told many people (some selling these on ebay and elsewhere privately) the Z1 has internal motion sensors which can (and in this case do) feel the motion and reinstate the lockouts. So externally disconnecting the wires will not help with this unit.

The only real way to bypass the lockouts is to flash the headlights when you turn the car on. There are stickys in this forum about it, or if you want something more automatic, I sell something for this purpose. [url=http://www.sminntech.com]www.sminntech.com[/url]

Sorry CC messed this up.
I doubt CC hooked Relays up to it, they probably just ran the parking brake to the switch. I would buy ducatiboys circuit, it's the only real way to bypass the Z1.

Next time, don't post the exact same thing in 3 categories.
[quote name="JasonH"]I doubt CC hooked Relays up to it, they probably just ran the parking brake to the switch. I would buy ducatiboys circuit, it's the only real way to bypass the Z1.

Next time, don't post the exact same thing in 3 categories.[/quote]

I went to bed last night and while in bed, I thought the same thing.

You can double check this buy hitting MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS

And viewing the sat information, make sure you are not in the garage or something, see how many sats your GPS sees (second line). And flip the switch. Does the parking brake line change and the number of sats is ok? If the sat's goes to 0 then the gps antenna is switched out. But I agree with Jason, I'll bet it's just the parking brake wire on a switch.

If it's just the parking brake switch, it doesn't have to be removed. And if turning on your headlights dims the Z1, then try flashing the lights when you start the car. You will love it :)
i used to work for CC a few weeks ago. I was the Roadshop Manager. one thing i would have fired them on the spot. Violation of company policy.
second, dumb ass installer, would never hired them. now if they brought in the bypass from ducatiboy we could install that outside. not in the store. on the installers off time.
  • 1 year later...