AVIC411.com

blue tooth mic

Anywhere in front of the driver should be fine, as long as you can route the wire there. IIRC, it's a fairly sensitive microphone, so it doesn't have to be all that close to you. On the windshield side pillar, somewhere on the dashboard, maybe by the guages somewhere, up on the front of the headliner, it's really up to where you're willing to route the wire.

Oh yea, definately. I took thirty minutes just to drill that hole. Started out using a pocket knife to start it. Then I used a drill to widen the hole, stopping every ten seconds to make sure I didn't make it too big.

But, I like it a lot and the people I call say that they can hear me fine.

• 2 weeks later...
How's this for factory look :D

l_8feb06864feef39c1866399f23219a8c.jpg

Overhead console from a Passat W8. I put the mic in the factory location behind that grated area. The holes on either side are "ambient light" red LED's (like BMW's and Audi's have)

l_7cbd48219c4368720d48884cd1a1bff6.jpg

That's pretty clever. I think i am going to do that instead. I just wish I could get the damn mic to work. I can call and receive calls but the mic doesn't pic me up. Anyone have any ideas?