AVIC411.com

Z1 Reverse Cameras - any success stories??

I've been reading in a lot of threads here about reverse cameras used with the Z1. It would appear that there is a high frequency of cameras not working or not lasting. The Pioneer camera is named several times as not being reliable and other cameras crapp out as well. Price doesn't appear to be the determining factor.

[b]Question: :?:
Is anyone having success with their camera installation?
Can anyone recommend a camera?
Has Pioneer come up with any answers?[/b]
My Pioneer camera works great. I have seen dozens of them installed and never seen a single one not work so I am not sure why they could be called unreliable. Probably installed wrong

[quote name="Passat 05"]I've been reading in a lot of threads here about reverse cameras used with the Z1. It would appear that there is a high frequency of cameras not working or not lasting. The Pioneer camera is named several times as not being reliable and other cameras crapp out as well. Price doesn't appear to be the determining factor.

[b]Question: :?:
Is anyone having success with their camera installation?
Can anyone recommend a camera?
Has Pioneer come up with any answers?[/b][/quote]
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]My Pioneer camera works great. I have seen dozens of them installed and never seen a single one not work so I am not sure why they could be called unreliable. Probably installed wrong[/quote]

I don't know if the people with problems had them installed wrong. Some here did have them fail after a month or so, but I would bet they are the minority... and when they posted the problem, it sounds like a bigger and more previlent problem than it really is.