AVIC411.com

new D3 new phone and no phone book

I have a new D3 with btb200 and I must have a incompatible phone. The samsung sync or A707 connects and is registered but I have found no way to transfer the phone book. I can make manual calls using the D3. Anyone else have this phone? Is there a way to manually enter my phone numbers into the D3?

The phone works automaticly in my wifes BMW so I am guessing its not the phone, the numbers downloaded automaticly after pairing and I did nothing with the phone......help

On the D3, in the menu for the Tel, press phone book transfer, it will take you to the Tel page and show not connected. Now on your phone go to contacts and options, select "send name card". Might show your Pioneer device or if not, do the add new device. Follow the prompts to pair. Go back to contacts and options, send name card. Mark the ones you want to send and press done, follow the prompts. You may be able to do all contacts at once or may have to do one at a time.

In a weird way, yes. When you get to the Phonebook transfer the two will disconnect. This is normal and I don't know why. DO NOT try to reconnect or search for the BTB.

There are one or two ways to do this. My phone is older so it does not do the first one and I am kind of guessing here but I did read the manual for your phone and you have all necessary profiles.

First thing is that you need to be on the Phonebook transfer screen on the D3.

On your phone:

1. From your contacts list choose a contact and select options or whatever your phone has and find SEND NAME CARD. Try that. If that does not work then...

2. Go into your phone options or tools and go into your bluetooth directory. highlight the "Pioneer BT Unit 2" and select options and see if there is something similar to SEND NAME CARD or send phonebook there.

You may have to send each contact one by one or you may be lucky to send the whole phonebook.

You are close. Don't give up.

sorry still will not get it. The phone will not reconnect to send name card and when you try it just says connection failed. I though my next trick is to try a friends phone and see if that works. If it does I am going to input my sim card in his phone, send the phone book the put the sim back in my phone. I do not know if that will work but it sounds like a plan. Anybody try this yet?

I though my next trick is to try a friends phone and see if that works. If it does I am going to input my sim card in his phone, send the phone book the put the sim back in my phone.

I think I have heard of that working. But you have to make sure you are doing things correctly with any phone, particularly #1 below.

I just went out to my truck and did a few transfers to refresh my memory. I have to do them one by one.

1. Is your phone registered with the BTB?

....It must be registered in order to transfer phonebook.

The phone will not reconnect to send name card and when you try it just says connection failed.

2. Are you trying to initiate a reconnect with "Pioneet BT Unit2" from your phone once your phone notifies you that it has disconnected? If so...Don't. Just mark a name card and send it. When you are in the phonebook transfer screen it does not say that you are disconnected on that screen. Only the phone registers that fact.

....This is supposed to happen and you do not have to initiate a reconnection at any point. Nor is there a "START" button on that screen like pg. 15 of the manual says there is.

3. Does your phone autoconnect when you turn the vehicle on?

....The phone has to be setup so that it does not ask for permission to connect/pair with the BTB and if yours is not setup that way then I would think any kind of transfer would fail. But if it does autoconnect then that would also mean that the phone is registered because the BTB searches for your phone on power up to connect with it.

If none of that helps you out with your phone and you swap your SIM out with a friend's phone make sure you register the friend's phone (which would look like you because of your SIM???).

You also did not say which method you were trying. It just sounds like you keep trying to reconnect the phone.

thanks for the help but I am sure this just wont work

1. the phone is registered with the unit

3. It does auto connect when I leave vehicle and then return and start vehicle

2. I go to the phone book transfer screen

A. the phone disconncts

B. I go to my phone click on a contact

C. then options

D. then send business card via bluetooth

E . then it asks to search for new device, finds pioneer BT unit2

F. I click on that and it trys to connect but then says connection failed.

I have a HP PDA that I keep my life on and the phone sends to that no problem. I tried sending a contact from that to the pioneer unit while in phone book and the screen changed to complete but nothing showed up in the phone book.

I can send business cards back and forth between the phone and my PDA without any problems so is it the pioneer unit? or a compatability issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the Samsung A707 and I could not get it to transfer either. I tried everything I could think of. I tried someone elses RAZR and it work for me so this week I went and got a RAZR. I can't get the AVIC to pull the entire address book from the phone, but I can push one at a time from the RAZR. Even the special ringtones I have assigned in my RAZR come through the AVIC.

I had the Samsung A707 and I could not get it to transfer either. I tried everything I could think of. I tried someone elses RAZR and it work for me so this week I went and got a RAZR. I can't get the AVIC to pull the entire address book from the phone, but I can push one at a time from the RAZR. Even the special ringtones I have assigned in my RAZR come through the AVIC.

• 4 weeks later...