AVIC411.com

2007 Tundra Install

is there somewhere i can get cutom install instructions for an 07 toyota tundra??

it is a little more involved than a normal install, since you have steering wheel controls, and it needs a harness for maintaining the JBL system. as well, i would like to know how i go about retaining my factory rear view camera.

thanks,

• 7 months later...

Why not upgrade to Toyota nav? That's what I did. Most of the connecters are already there and for the most part it ended up being plug and play and being stock it looks perfect in dash and will add resale at time of trade in being that it's factory. Plus you'll preserve your steering wheel controls and factory bluetooth (if equipped). Toyota's bluetooth is leaps and bounds beyond anything aftermarket. Most callers can't tell they're on speaker as I'm crusing 70mph on the highway.

I have the 08 Crewmax LTD that came with the stock JBL radio. I use the aux input for iPhone and to stream Pandora's music through the cellular. Quality is great.

Only thing that's annoying is the lockout while driving.

yeah its a lot of work. i installed a z1 in my dads 07 crewmax. it also had jbl, which the metra axxes harness works well, the steering wheel controls i used a pac accessories interface....which comes with instructions that you download online. other than that, be sure to get the dash kit from scosche. it matches the piano black color and texture of the factory radio. the metra one is just a standard flat black that doesnt match anything in the truck. i found it on ebay for 20 bucks. other than that, be sure to take your time and do everything step by step.

Why not upgrade to Toyota nav? That's what I did. Most of the connecters are already there and for the most part it ended up being plug and play and being stock it looks perfect in dash and will add resale at time of trade in being that it's factory. Plus you'll preserve your steering wheel controls and factory bluetooth (if equipped). Toyota's bluetooth is leaps and bounds beyond anything aftermarket. Most callers can't tell they're on speaker as I'm crusing 70mph on the highway.

I have the 08 Crewmax LTD that came with the stock JBL radio. I use the aux input for iPhone and to stream Pandora's music through the cellular. Quality is great.

actually, i replaced the garbage NAV that came with the truck. it is absolutely horrible.

after some more searching, i was able to find which harness's i needed. the install was actually not bad at all. the only problem i had, was finding the illumination wire. i still am not sure which wire it is. so i left it unhooked for now. its actually not that bad at night. so im in no rush to trace it down. but if someone has the info, it would be appreciated.

As with everybody else the Navi provided from Toyota is a flat out joke on feature (low budget cheap jbl). I have another Toyota the 08 Highlander and my Z1 outperform's the Oem from Toyota and thats not saying much. I have a few friends with the Tundra crewmax and In fact helped install a 1 week old new 07 Tundra Crewmax. my buddy checking my 2004 Tundra before he added this on his new Tundra and liked it he got one on his own.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I found the Toyota nav to be more than sufficient. I probably would have upgraded to aftermarket, however I found the non lagging steering wheel audio controls a plus. I further enjoy using the voice activated button for nav and BT, along with the answer/disconnect BT buttons on the steering wheel. It;s just too well integrated to give up, which is why I went for stock nav. Plus the JBL amp/speakers aren't bad, (except for the sub).

Maybe I'm getting old, but I found the Toyota nav to be more than sufficient. I probably would have upgraded to aftermarket, however I found the non lagging steering wheel audio controls a plus. I further enjoy using the voice activated button for nav and BT, along with the answer/disconnect BT buttons on the steering wheel. It;s just too well integrated to give up, which is why I went for stock nav. Plus the JBL amp/speakers aren't bad, (except for the sub).

Naw I doubt your Getting old don't say that i'm a Tundra owner too (31 now) . I think feature for feature Value for Value Oem really is very low on budget features and content vs features your gaining on a Z1,zZ,Z3. Sure Factory look's great on paper but can it mulitasking on playing a movie to a rear monitor and do Navigation at the same time (hdd is better vs dvd rom ). I'm personally Feed up with Toyota Navigation used on the Avalon it was a joke not having Non touch screen and the lock's out were truely a joke in this class. Far as features on the steering wheel I have all that too and it can be retained on a Pac steering wheel controls so No your not loosing that on the aftermarket side. JbL speakers are "OK" but then again it's factory and doesn't really provide a system to start with.Im not really a JBl fan either way I review sound Toyota need's to offer a better selection.

Erik