AVIC411.com

reversed - and + wires..... F*&K

so.. unfortunately, like a dumbass, I connected my avic to a 12v drill motor, like ive done dosens of times while trying to adjust the faceplate/trim bezel to allow the faceplate to open correctly.

Only this time I hooked the wires up backwards... Now it wont turn on.. Is there an internal fuse somewhere on this unit, or did I basically ruin it?

It's a z1.

Yes, I know I'm an idiot, and no, I didnt have an inline fuse hooked up. Please dont bash me, I'm already depressed enough.

any idea where this internal fuse is on the circuit board? I'm fairly electronic savvy, although it would seem by this situation, I was a retard. I was just too lazy to get a volt meter, and thought my memory was better than it is... Man this sucks... I'm thinkign it wouldnt be over 200 to fix this right?

• 2 weeks later...
any idea where this internal fuse is on the circuit board? I'm fairly electronic savvy, although it would seem by this situation, I was a retard. I was just too lazy to get a volt meter, and thought my memory was better than it is... Man this sucks... I'm thinkign it wouldnt be over 200 to fix this right?

There are 9 fuses on the NAVI motherboard, and 8 on the Audio Motherboard. You'd have to test them all for continuity and they are all soldered directly to the board(s). You'll need the service manual to find them all (and to disassemble the thing without destroying it). I think there's a copy on this forum somewhere.

Also check for a diode right off where the 12v connects to the board.

I have not been inside a Z , but its common to use a diode to protect reverse polarity on 12v automotive devices. If you hook it up backwards it blows the diode.

Good thought. Looks like that's D 1013 (A,174,136) Diode 5KP22A

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... Num=5KP22A

Holy crap! $20 for a diode?? And out of stock...=(

Explanation:

CN1001 is the receptacle for the power harness. Pin 1 is hot. Pin 2 (directly below on the diagram) is GND. D1013 bridges to a GND point.

post-12328-1287275365959_thumb.jpg