AVIC411.com

Unique Whips

when you get lucky enough to service pro atheletes and other entertainers with some quality work (?) or better than what is available around town you also are able to charge what is accepted. I found years ago that some people perceive a higher price = better work. however a believe in giving quality work at a quality price without ripping someone off. I have had customers come back to me after having someone else do the work and charge more for the job and also having cut corners with lack of quality.

As far as for UA's installers sometimes the work is good but it seems like they are rush jobs, I was watching an episode the other night when the did an Escalade fiberglass box with a nice conturing amp rack. this job is perceived to have been done in 1 day. painted the next day and installed with delivery that night. I have done fiberglass work and maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When I am watching the show I am watching ( being open minded) for any ideas but these guys do have attitudes with slightly foul mouths. I wonder if some of it is for tv. Also I really do not care about his new home, anniversary, his going to the beach with his family or any of his personal life about "how hard he worked in the past to rise above everything" in order to get to where he is. sometimes I feel like he was in the right spot at the right time. I am interested in a show with quality work without an I'm better than you attitude. There are alot of quality shops out there that do as good if not better work.

sorry for rantting.

if yall wanna see something funny check out a post over at the12volt.com

(great site) i think its labeld the same as this one.

its about that orlando browns f-650 and a huge cluster f of an install. it has links to good pics of the doors that are covered (and i mean covered) in duct tape ( i guess this is there high margin dynamat) and only 2 screws holding the speaikers into them. i guess orlando was so unhappy with it he took it somewhere else to have it all redone and the installer was more than happy to take pics and detail the "custom" work dont at unique whips.

ohhh and what part of tinting and putting rims on a car makes it "unique"??

anyways check out the f-650 funny stuff

Thanks for the link hottwhyrd. I'm shocked to see the level of bad work and that they used duct tape,metal straps and didn't screw the amps down. Will is always saying he doesn't want any come backs but when you use tape to hold down speakers and don't attach amps properly that's exactlly what you're going to get. I can't believe that job costed Orlando a hundred thousand plus. I've lost a lot of respect for Unique Whips !!

I have only seen a few episodes and I always thought the quality of the work done was terrible! Panels that don't like up properly; screws covered with plugs through the leather or vinyl to keep panels down; etc. The only really nice work I saw on the show was the episode where they called in all the famous installers to help. It was steve brown, fishman, and some other big dude

I have only seen a few episodes and I always thought the quality of the work done was terrible! Panels that don't like up properly; screws covered with plugs through the leather or vinyl to keep panels down; etc. The only really nice work I saw on the show was the episode where they called in all the famous installers to help. It was steve brown, fishman, and some other big dude

the other guy was gary biggs, that was about the only real nice job, it was the hearst for a race car driver, I forget who it was I don't follow car races. I would think that the work would be a little more complete being the people the do the work for are willing to pay the money. ahhh the presteige of saying I had MY work done at UA. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

IT WAS TONY STEWART! ya ima hick nascar fan wut of it!

i think its easy to see that when they filmed the 1st few eppisodes that they were just a square box custom shop. reme talked will into fiberglass and now everythings a learnin process. that f-650 is horible tho

glad i could share with all!