AVIC411.com

How bad/good is the Nav on D3....

The usefulness of the NAV varies depending on the situation. There seems to be some bad logic for calculating the shortest route in certain cases.

For normal day to day use, it works OK for us. But I'd never solely rely on it to plan a drive of over an hour.

Have a look at these two threads:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

it all depends on the area your in. sometimes the shortest and fastest routes can be calculated wrong especially if your city tends to add new streets or areas to it in between. I live in Miami and whenever i go visit friends in homestead i left without a nav since the whole zone they live in is just blank nothingness on the 2007 disc. Also some people have had slight issues when driving too close to parallel roads and the gps thinks your on that street, but all in all i think the nav is really good it took me about 4 hours to get used to its navi screen and details but i wont go anywhere without it ever again :)

i love my d3, dont get me wrong, i just wish that somebody would have told me that you have to put a disc in for the navigation to work, i was surprised when i first found that out after i had bought it. its no to big of a deal because i rarely use cds for audio anymore, i jut use my ipod. there is only one disc slot on the unit, meaning one disc at a time. when i bought my d3, i was under the impression that the nav disc would be behind the screen and have its own slot and the movie/audio disc slot would be exposed, this is the setup that is on my parent's 07 suburban ltz. i was surprised with my d3, thats just my $0.02