AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 in a Lamborghini Gallardo - Few Questions

I have decided to have an AVIC-Z2 installed in my Gallardo (along with backup camera, and XM), and had a few questions for the experts -

1) Does anyone know where the VSS can get connected to on this car? And is it really needed if we can't find the right wire?

2) If I read correctly (I have been on this site for about 2 hours reading numerous posts on the Z2), you can change the background image on the startup splash screen, and this is explained in the manual, correct? I would like to but the Lambo shield on there at startup.

3) What is the best way to bypass the Z2? (I have read about 15 threads about unlocking, and it has made my head spin. Some say you use an update disc, some say a grounding wire is needed, and others say to flash my headlights when I startup? Very confused on which is the right/best way.)

Thanks in advance, I look forward to having this unit installed as soon as possible.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3. If the Z2 was made in Aug 07 or newer then all you need to do is move a wire to the "secret" location. Then ground that wire and the parking brake wire.

If I ground the parking brake wire, in one of the threads I was reading, if the parking brake wire is grounded, when you start moving a 'warning' message would pop up that the parking brake is engaged. Or is this corrected with the 'secret' wire.

Oh, how does one find the secret wire???

Awesome. Looks easy enough.

I'm sure it's no issue, but that link says 'Bypass for Z1', I would imagine that it is the same for the Z2?

Is there any other option or 'must have' for the Z2 before I have it installed?

I've have factory nav in my other cars, and they cannot be customized like the aftermarket units. I'd like to take full advantage of all the perks of having one of these systems.

Thanks again,.

MJB

Yeah bypass for the new z2 is the same as it was for the z1.

A bit off topic, but I notice you're from north jersey. you would happen to frequent the lakewood area? Yellow lambo's aren't exactly common in jesey and I've seen one around me on a number of occasions.

Yeah bypass for the new z2 is the same as it was for the z1.

A bit off topic, but I notice you're from north jersey. you would happen to frequent the lakewood area? Yellow lambo's aren't exactly common in jesey and I've seen one around me on a number of occasions.

I'm from Bergen County (Just North of Paramus, if you know where that is), and my Lambo is orange.

Rims1.jpg

NICE ride!!! :shock:

Get all the perks with it. The iPod adapter and the bluetooth phone are the shit. Also the backup camera so you can see all the cars you are passing. I also recomend getting Sirius and then taking me for a drive. I will be in Someset NJ in mid March at a saltwater fishing show. I will let you drive mine if I can drive yours :D

You will love the Z2!!

NICE ride!!! :shock:

Get all the perks with it. The iPod adapter and the bluetooth phone are the shit. Also the backup camera so you can see all the cars you are passing. I also recomend getting Sirius and then taking me for a drive. I will be in Someset NJ in mid March at a saltwater fishing show. I will let you drive mine if I can drive yours :D

You will love the Z2!!

I am getting XM, since I have XM in all my other cars. I don't have an Ipod, so no need for that stuff.

I am also getting the backup cam; even though rear vis isn't that bad, I'd still feel more comfortable backing up if I could actually see.

Is the bluetooth adapter an add on, or does it come preinstalled?? I thought it came with it - I do have a bluetooth phone, so that would be a good idea (even though I don't talk on the phone much when I'm in the G.

Bluetooth( ND-BT1) is an add on and is sweet. If you get the remote that straps on the steering wheel(CD-SR1), it has the phone contols on it too.

I hear you on the no iPod. Also, I had XM( 9 radios in total), but switched to Sirius and I like Sirius much better. No commercials on my favorite music channels.

Have fun!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Had everything installed over the weekend. Came out great. Got the XM, backup cam, and Bluetooth. Everything works great, and I am just starting to customize the unit. Once the weather clears up around here I can mess with the nav functions a bit more.

I even got the splash screen and background images all setup -

PioneerZ2%20017%20(Large).jpg

PioneerZ2%20028%20(Large).jpg

Here it is in the shop (wearing my 'winter' rims/tires) let me know which ones you like better - HRE's or Orange/Black.

PioneerZ2Install%20004%20(Large).jpg