AVIC411.com

Voice command is not working.

• 4 months later...
I have the same exact problem as the original poster... I have the icon, I then press the voice button on the remote, and it waits for a command, I tell it a command, and then after a second or two it gets the red X and stays that way until I press voice again. So, it has to recognize the mic or it wouldn go through those paces. Any ideas? Ive spoke louder and quiter, softer etc...
first, the echo canceling is typically software geared. within reason and you dont have some hooky mic, thats why the update for the bluetooth has seemed to work for many. its software.

as for the unit not recognizing voice commands. Make sure that when you press for voice command, you say one of the on screen commands that it looks for. dont start rattling off other words. speak clearly, and for testing purposes, towards the mic, you dont have to inhale the thing but maybe direct it towards it and see what happens
[quote name="limeionqc"]I have the same exact problem as the original poster... I have the icon, I then press the voice button on the remote, and it waits for a command, I tell it a command, and then after a second or two it gets the red X and stays that way until I press voice again. So, it has to recognize the mic or it wouldn go through those paces. Any ideas? Ive spoke louder and quiter, softer etc...[/quote]

Someone else a while back had this problem and no command was recognized and what happened was that the wire inside the insulation was broken and even though the Z1 sensed the plug in the back of the unit, the wire was broken going to the mic and it wasn't picking up any sounds.

I'm not saying it's your problem, first I would follow tillithz's ideas, that's a good starting off point for testing. Also for testing, make sure your vehicle is off and not moving, just to get out the noise issue. Mine doesn't understand me if my windows are open.

If you put it in (or can get to the back of the unit), make sure the plug is all the way in.