AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1, Bluetooth ND-BT1 & Sprint Treo 650

Okay! Here is my dilema. I had my AVIC-Z1 installed with the Pioneer Bluetooth ND-BT1. When I use my Sprint Treo 650 (PDA) smartphone, it doesn't seem to work. The ND-BT1 will find the Treo and then 30 seconds later it's disconnected. But if I use other bluetooth phones, it works fine. Did anyone else have a similar experience. Thanx in advance.
[quote name="eap0108"]Okay! Here is my dilema. I had my AVIC-Z1 installed with the Pioneer Bluetooth ND-BT1. When I use my Sprint Treo 650 (PDA) smartphone, it doesn't seem to work. The ND-BT1 will find the Treo and then 30 seconds later it's disconnected. But if I use other bluetooth phones, it works fine. Did anyone else have a similar experience. Thanx in advance.[/quote]

Yah, I believe that pioneer lists the Treo 650 as a phone that does not work with the Z1. It seems to be a common thread around here.
This is the response Pioneer sent to me when I emailed them asking about compatability issues with the ND-BT1 and the Sprint Treo-650;

[b]Dear Consumer;

Unfortunately, PDA phones are not compatible with our unit and adaptor. It tries to recognize it as a Bluetooth device, but cannot sustain a connection.

Thank You,

Deborah
Customer Service Representative
Pioneer Electronics[/b]
[quote name="eap0108"]Okay! Here is my dilema. I had my AVIC-Z1 installed with the Pioneer Bluetooth ND-BT1. When I use my Sprint Treo 650 (PDA) smartphone, it doesn't seem to work. The ND-BT1 will find the Treo and then 30 seconds later it's disconnected. But if I use other bluetooth phones, it works fine. Did anyone else have a similar experience. Thanx in advance.[/quote]

You might try backing up all of your phone/PDA data and then do a hard reset on your phone. Also, make sure that you have the latest software on your Treo. If you take it to the Sprint store they should be able to verify that you have the latest build and if not, they will update it.
Guys, I just got my Z1 installed today and my TREO 650 works great! I talked to my installer's Pioneer rep and he said that all you need is the most current software revision for your phone. My TREO is relatively new so it already had it. I would suggest heading to your nearest Sprint store and getting the phone upgraded.
[quote name="nickkotakis"]Guys, I just got my Z1 installed today and my TREO 650 works great! I talked to my installer's Pioneer rep and he said that all you need is the most current software revision for your phone. My TREO is relatively new so it already had it. I would suggest heading to your nearest Sprint store and getting the phone upgraded.[/quote]

so, your saying it doesn't drop connections? and, it displays the caller id correctly? cause, some here have had those problems, and especially the caller id problem with a Treo 650....it doesn't display the correct caller id when a call is received.

so, your certain these two problems are resolved on your phone?
[quote name="niteone"] [quote name="nickkotakis"]Guys, I just got my Z1 installed today and my TREO 650 works great! I talked to my installer's Pioneer rep and he said that all you need is the most current software revision for your phone. My TREO is relatively new so it already had it. I would suggest heading to your nearest Sprint store and getting the phone upgraded.[/quote]

so, your saying it doesn't drop connections? and, it displays the caller id correctly? cause, some here have had those problems, and especially the caller id problem with a Treo 650....it doesn't display the correct caller id when a call is received.

so, your certain these two problems are resolved on your phone?[/quote]

Yes. Caller ID works perfectly. I must admit, I was surprised, but everything works great.