AVIC411.com

Sprint Upstage

Anyone using the Sprint Upstage with the bluetooth module on their D3?

I am finding it connects rarely and you can't really do anything with it.

If I have to bail and buy a new phone, what is the best phone and provider that works very well with the module?

I just didn't want to buy an expensive addon and not be able to use it. :lol:

Sprint phones will be as inconsistent as any other provider, the providers do not dictate anything against the Pioneer Bluetooth module. The fact that it's hit or miss with all phones across all providers is not the mobile providers fault, but the fault of the handset manufacturer.

The Sprint Mogul works, with a registry edit for instance. It's all in the way the Bluetooth stack on the handset is implemented.

There should be a lot of Sprint phones that work. What is the problem you're having with the UpStage?

You need to be using Hands-Free profile not Headset profile. You'll have limited functionality with Headset profile.

It works intermittently. It will connect and for awhile everything works. Then after a call or two, the speaker no longer works and it returns to using the phone,but the dialing and hang up options still work with the D3. Then it will disconnect and from there on out it wont connect and gives a connection error.

Once you clear everything and start over it will work, but then goes through the same scenario as mentioned above.

• 1 month later...