AVIC411.com

Steering wheel controls wireless?

So had the D3 installed in my truck, installer used the Peripheral GMAH24B. I asked about steering wheel controls and he said they don't work very well.

So I've been reading and looking, are they all made by the same company? Similar part numbers.

Wiring looks simple enough but are they wireless or do they plug into something? If so what? I'm assuming the adapter box so that being said does the Peripheral unit have a jack to plug in or this this the wireless part?

A word of caution, take it for what its worth as I am not a professional installer, but I did find that the SWI-PS works great when all of its connections are soldered. I think some people have had bad experiences with their SWI-PS controllers because they use cheap connectors that have consistency/connectivity issues with the tiny SWI-PS wires. Once I soldered mine in, it has worked flawlessly.

Blown...you driving a Cobalt, i'm guessing?

How hard was it to get to and find the right wires to tap into with the PAC? Do you have to go through some sort of learning procedure for the unit so that it knows which buttons do what? Do all of your buttons perform the correct functions?

With everything else pretty much PnP so far in my '06 Impala SS, I am leary of getting into this part of things...and I don't have much experience with soldering. Hell, I'm even considering paying an audio shop to install this for me, unless I know for sure I can get it done right.

Thanks for your help.