AVIC411.com

When I drive down the road my arrow points to the right about 60-70 degrees. this causes my D3 to want to turn on all these streets, causeing inaccurate navigation.

How do I go about "recalibrating" or whatever I need to do. I was under the assumption that it just did it itself overtime, but it's been 100 miles and still no good.

thanks

How do I accomplish that?

"When the navigation system begins running for the first time, the 3D Hybrid Sensor automatically begins initial learning. Positioning is performed solely by GPS satellites until the 3D Hybrid Sensor initial learning is complete, so the location of your vehicle may not be very accurate. This is not an error. When the initial learning is complete, the location of your vehicle can be detected with high accuracy."

To clear values:

1. [*:pslbw7gv]Touch “Settings†in the NAVI MENU, then touch “Hardware Infoâ€.
    [*:pslbw7gv]Touch “3D Calibrationâ€.
    The 3D Calibration screen appears
    [*:pslbw7gv]If you want to delete the learned results stored in
    “Distanceâ€, “Speed Pulse†or “Learning Statusâ€,
    touch the relevant result, then touch “Clearâ€.

• 2 months later...
All that metal plate does is allow you to stick the antenna on a non -metallic part....like the plastic dash.

It doesn't effect reception.

No, the plate acts as a ground plane for the antenna and does affect reception. You can use the antenna without the ground plane and sometimes you'll get decent reception anyway but you'll get better reception with it than without it.