AVIC411.com

I have a Z1 and i have done the bypass and it works great. I am having a problem with the speedometer on the screen not working. It say this function is not available. Is there something i am missing or anyone that can help me with this. Thanks

This function is not available now.

When:

The screen cannot be displayed with Vehicle Dynamics Display. The sensor has not been taught so the sensor information cannot be acquired.

What to do:

If the sensor learning status reaches the Sensor Initializing, the system is ready to be used.

I.E. Drive around some more and be patient. It will become available when it's ready.

Well its been over 24hrs and i have done alot of driving and i still cant get the speedometer function to work. Any other sugestions? Thanks

And how many miles is alot. If it's less than 100 then don't be surprised it's not working yet. It takes miles NOT hours of driving.

I.E. Drive around some more and be patient.

Well its been over 24hrs ...

Lol... patience at its finest.

Mine worked within an hour after hooking it up in my F-150. Now that it is in my 07 VW Passat installed by a shop not me, I have that error on the speedo and a couple other unctions. Oh yeah and appaarently I drive backwards sionc emy compass shows I drive south instead of north.

I had a Z2 installed and by the time I got home and checked the different functions like the speedometer - they were right on.. I live 3 miles from where I had the unit installed. Why would someone have to drive close to 100 miles before it gets calibrated?

I believe you guys when you say that people have to be patient and wait for the speedometer to be accurate, but why would it take 1, 2, or 3 miles or less for one unit, and up to 100 miles for another unit?

Just wondering how the electronics work.

I have the same issue after dealer installed Mod. Can not access speeedometer, and a few other functions. I'm not 100% certain my installer did the re-boot, and am wondering of I should try this. I don't want to make the system worse by resetting, as I am thrilled with the current functionality - I just want more more more!

I had the Sirius Sat installed, and I'm thinking of adding the XM as well - can you do both?

Sounds to me like the VSS isnt hooked up and the unit needs to be reset in the settings menu. Mine started working about 20 seconds after I started driving. But its only been in 1 car.

Try settings->hardware->3d calibration and reset it. If you have the unit set up in a truck and then switched it to a new car, the speed pulses will be different. if this doesnt work, then check and see if the VSS wire is hooked up and if it is, make sure its hooked up to the correct wire.

Not sure how long it should take and patience...

I've reset the calibration.

After 2 weeks and over 500 miles, the Speed reeding was still at 0, the turns were each around 50%, and overall was 1 bar (5%?).

Since reseting, speed is still at 0, turns are at 25%.

Speed pulse changes, but reads 6 digits always (ie, 538582).