AVIC411.com

Holy moley!!!

Anyone work on a Hyundai Veracruz, yet? I tell you, this is not the same Hyundai of years past. They are definitely building some decent vehicles, and getting rather complicated. I installed an alarm w/ remote start and window roll-ups yesterday, and definitely needed some beers after I got home. Wow.

Just because a car is hard or complicated to work on doesn't mean it's a good car. The electrical system (among other things) on my ma's Lincoln is a total nightmare to work on because of it's complexity, but it's still a total piece of shit.

I wasn't basing my opinion on wiring complexity, I was basing it on build quality, interior trim fit and finish, and how solidly everything fits together. You jump into a Chrysler, Ford, GM, Saturn, etc., and you can have half the dash apart in 2 minutes without using any tools.....this Hyundai made me work to see its innards.....

Most definitely. I thought the Azera was a step ahead for Hyundai, but the Genesis ----- now, I think they're just showing off......but still, I've gotta throw Kudos at them for a well-deserved pat on the back for joining the ranks of Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru and Toyota as a major player in the Asian Import market. Although I, personally, didn't think they would make it past the Excel. (Is anyone on this forum old enough to remember those, and the nearly life-threatening slices to your hands that the spring clips in the radio opening would surprise you with?)