AVIC411.com

Custom Anti-Theft faceplate

I live in orlando, and its not safe at all... Crime down here just keeps growing and growing... Yesterday someone fired off 40 shots about a mile from my apartment, and I live in the upscale area of the city. (Termed Millenia due to the Mall at Millenia)

I have little trust in people down here... In michigan its a different story. But down here, I try to lower my risk as much as possible.

I'm going to think about something like this. The low-tech crackheads around here likely haven't a clue as to the roof antennas...so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

However, the fact that those lowlifes may be in a car beside you at some point (when your driving in the same neighborhood all the time) and see the unit in action may be an issue. I drive a noticeable/recognizable vehicle within a small area of the city. If someone sees me using it, they can more than likely find me and get it when they want.

Oh well...that's what INS is all about, i guess. Can't live with OEM forever!

(and today there was just a newspaper article about how theft of car electronics, esp. portable nav units, is on the rise here (and elsewhere)). Lookin forward to it :lol:

Oh well...that's what INS is all about, i guess. Can't live with OEM forever!

So right away you thinks its an immigrant, Why?

It can be anybod. Even a guy you went to HS with...looks like you, acts like, talks like you, and is is right under your nose!

why do you have to automatically ASSume its and immigrant?

Hahaha This is hilarious! If you could mod up a way to keep the velcro off your dash when not in use.... it'd be awesome!

My insurance covers aftermarket equipment on/in my car. If it gets stolen, it's covered. Sure it sucks, but I've been lucky so far.

EDIT:Oh damn... there's already a topic on here about a similar deal without velcro...