AVIC411.com

No Voice Guidance... I can't figure this one out...

So I just installed my D3 into my Chevy Cobalt SS this weekend. Everything is working smoothly except I have no voice guidance. The beeps work fine and come through the speakers, but I haven't heard this so called lady that is supposed to be telling me where to go.

I have checked and made sure the guidance volume is at max volume and the voice guidance is set to ON on that same screen. On the initial setup screen, I have set the option for volume control to both MUTE and ATT, neither of them give me voice guidance.

I do have this guy bypassed, but from what I have read that shouldn't be a problem. The directions come up on the screen fine, but no audible directions...

I am using the factory Pioneer sound system with both the front and rear speakers connected directly to the D3.

Anything else I can try? I'm stumped.

No VSS is not hooked up but again the same guy with the other Cobalt doesn't have his hooked up either.

I think I have found the problem though which I should have checked on when I first got this. I bought the unit used from a guy on eBay and received 3 discs with it. The AVIC-D3 East Nav disc, and the CNDV-70MT East and West discs. After reading here, looks like the CNDV discs aren't compatible with the D3, but I was using that West disc because I am on the west coast. So it looks like he sent me the wrong discs and didn't send me the D3 West Nav disc.

Funny thing is the CNDV discs show the maps fine, just no voice guide. I'm waiting to hear back from him...

• 1 month later...

Well if I remember, the guidance voice only comes out of the front channel. If you are only running the rear channel it won't come through. Some systems with factory amps only require 1 channel to be hooked up to it. In this case you would run the front channel to it rather than the rear.

If that's not your situation, nevermind.

I have the exact same problem and I am driving a Chrysler 300C

Follow these instructions and it should work:

The factory amplifier accepts two channel audio only. The

amplifier fading is controlled by data communication from the factory radio. Therefore the aftermarket radio will not have the

capability to control the amplifier. Please connect the Front outputs of the aftermarket radio to the Rear inputs of the 22 pin

connector. This will allow the Navigation unit voice prompts to be heard. The rear speaker outputs of the radio are not used.

The factory amplifi er Balance and Fader is set to center by the interface.

No voice is not the problem, the problem is that the unit will not go into GUIDED MODE. Yesterday, I found the VSS wire and now the unit has 3D configured and now has voice prompt in GUIDED MODE.

One other thing I did was to relocate my GPS antenna onto the dash from under the dash and now I get a stronger signal.

I am sure one of these two things was the issue. Give them a try.

K

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem I finished installing mine yesterday and everything was working fine I had voice guidance today I was messing with the 3d calibration accidentally cleared what it had learned and now it just says sensor initializing and it is not tracking my mileage it just stays at zero and mine wont go into the other two guided view modes. I only get the destination reached sound. If you know how to fix this please lmk. Thanks