AVIC411.com

D3 to GMOS-01 question

Hey, I am wiring up my D3 harness to a GMOS-01. I'm a little confused about the antenna control wire on the D3 harness. The GMOS-01 harness has no place for it. It does however have two blue and white wires that the directions say to conect to eachother and the amp turn on wire. :? I am installing this into a 2006 Grand Prix non-amplified system, and from what I have come up with is my car does have a powered glass antenna. But that was just from one random guys sight I stumbled across, so that dosn't mean much. So, where does the antenna wire go, and whats with the amp turn on wires?

Sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find it. any help is appreciated.

Now I can't remember what I did with the antenna wire, but I think I just ignored it. My install was into an '06 Impala SS non-bose, non-amplified. I did hook up the amp turn on from the GMOS to the amp turn on on the other (main power) Pioneer harness. I have no reception problems whatsoever, so you should be just fine.

Regarding your add-an-amp Q, IDK the answer.

Connecting the orange/white wire to the orange wire on the GMOS worked fine for me, so check your connections.

However, check the settings in the D3. I believe that if you're set to "daytime" it will never dim, but "nighttime" allows it to dim with the headlights/parking lights.