AVIC411.com

Z2 bypass issues after return from Pioneer Warranty Repair..

So I sent out my Z2 that had the bypass installed about 2 weeks ago, and got it back. Pioneer says that among the things they fixed, they updated the firmware. Now the bypass no longer works. I reinstalled the bypass disc, and it worked for 30 minutes then stopped again. I get an error message every time I start up the vehicle that says "We detected an improper grounding of your ebrake wire" or something to that effect. I've double-checked the wire in the harness and it seems to be secure and making contact. Is this due to the firmware update, etc? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

You do realize that dozens of people are going to skip reading the rest of your post and only hear this part? Your "rumor" is going to end up on chat rooms around the world that the Z2 is not bypassable anymore :lol:

...unless there is a new, unannounced firmware update.
You do realize that dozens of people are going to skip reading the rest of your post and only hear this part? Your "rumor" is going to end up on chat rooms around the world that the Z2 is not bypassable anymore :lol:

...unless there is a new, unannounced firmware update.

Yes, but think of the publicity!

Reminds me of the old adage: you can lead a person to a forum, but you can't make him read.

• 1 month later...

OK, I I will clarify all this. When I did the FLASH for the Bypass update, I never hard reset my unit. Last week I did the wiring for the bypass and did the hard reset, and the unit wouldn't boot past the splash screen.

It was still under warranty, so I sent it back to Pioneer. They updated the firmware and returned it in like 2 days. Here is what I have on mine.

Platform 2.000500

GPS 1.200000

HDD 2.40000

THERE IS NO NEWER FIRMWARE.

• 4 weeks later...
So I sent out my Z2 that had the bypass installed about 2 weeks ago, and got it back. Pioneer says that among the things they fixed, they updated the firmware. Now the bypass no longer works. I reinstalled the bypass disc, and it worked for 30 minutes then stopped again. I get an error message every time I start up the vehicle that says "We detected an improper grounding of your ebrake wire" or something to that effect. I've double-checked the wire in the harness and it seems to be secure and making contact. Is this due to the firmware update, etc? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Dude the problem you are having with the bypass sounds EXACTLY like mine. ALL the wires are done as they should be. Now I am unable to install the firmware upgrade OR the bypass. And I evem got the firmware update disc FROM Pioneer!

OK...so for arguements sake let's say that I am just jacking up the installation of my firmware and bypass....ok. Well I took my Z2 to 2 different profeesional car audio dealerships, both of them in the area are reputable, and knowledgable in this type of thing. They could not bypass it or install the firmware either, and they used both their in house software and the software I made myself...so...for some reason it just WILL NOT install. Before when I insert the bypass disc it might as you said work for a while...but then it goes back to the way it was before like I didnt even install it. What is up? I am extremely frustrated with this.

Hmmmmmm, I'm having the EXACT same problem as well.

The rear view camera input was fried on my unit. The unit was bypassed and working fine.

They swapped my unit out and now it pops saying that the Parking Brake was improperly grounded.

I downladed and installed the Update CD, Reset the Unit, still get the same error.

I had the people that did the 2 wire bypass look at it, and they said it looks fine.

Took it another shop and they said the mute wire was a bit shakey, but they regrounded it and it looked fine.

Still not working.... :(