AVIC411.com

Do 5G and 5.5G Ipods still play video

You can buy the $50 cable from apple and run it into the A/V input. It won't charge or control from the screen of the D3 though.

I have a 6gen classic, is there still no solution for the video to play on the D3? I heard that you can run the cdi200 to the apple universal dock and it will work, but have not tried it. Any answer?

i just searched and saw i can go back to 1.0.2 and it will work if i disconnect and reconnect. i have a 6th gen 80gig im going to try it right now.

Downgrading to 1.0.2 worked for me but one asshole on here can't figure it out so I am not going to bother recommending it anymore.

The details are out there and easy to follow though if you choose to do it. If you just bought your ipod, you might just return it. You can get the 5.5 gen 80 gig for about half the price and have none of these hassles that Apple started with the 6th gens

i just searched and saw i can go back to 1.0.2 and it will work if i disconnect and reconnect. i have a 6th gen 80gig im going to try it right now.

Downgrading to 1.0.2 worked for me but one asshole on here can't figure it out so I am not going to bother recommending it anymore.

The details are out there and easy to follow though if you choose to do it. If you just bought your ipod, you might just return it. You can get the 5.5 gen 80 gig for about half the price and have none of these hassles that Apple started with the 6th gens

i just went to 1.0.1 and that didnt work, i need the 1.0.2 patch.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 6gen classic, is there still no solution for the video to play on the D3? I heard that you can run the cdi200 to the apple universal dock and it will work, but have not tried it. Any answer?

Quite a creative idea. Assuming you get your hands on the UDock that has the Video out and it's compatible with the newer 'locked' ipods (apple locked the video out unless the ipod detects a certain piece of hardware in the dock or cable you're using), there's no reason that shouldn't work.

Of course, the lack of the little locks on the dock would mean you'd have to find a way to mount it somewhere in your car where the ipod would stay upright so as not to fall out or bend the connectors.

If I'm understanding right, the 6G classics are NOT supposed to let you turn the tv out to ON..? Well mine does allow me to turn the tv out to ON, but I still don't get any video on my D3.

So I guess the real issue for 6G classics is the firmware? For those of you such as whtcrxghst an others who have downgraded to 1.0.2 firmware, did it cause any negative side effects I have read about (spining HD, freezing screen, low battery, ect)? I'm ready to downgrade but the horror stories I've read are holding me back. TIA