AVIC411.com

Do 5G and 5.5G Ipods still play video

I am one of the many people who are frustrated that my iphone nor my ipod classic (6G) does not play videos on my D3. So I have decided to buy a 5 or 5.5G Ipod Video from ebay, but before I do so, I want to double check and make sure that they still work.

With my horrible luck, I would buy one then find out these don't work after a certain software update or something... I am hoping this is not the case.

Thanks for your help!

Hit the video button in the touchscreen in the ipod menu on the D3. It will instruct you to use the ipod for full control. Turn the TV OUT on the ipod to ON and use the ipod to find and select whatever movie you want to watch. Start playing the movie on the ipod. Done

I have a 5G video ipod and it doesn't play on my D3. I can hear the audio but i can't view the picture. The firmware I have is 1.2.3

Does that have anything to do with it???

I've searched but I'm a bit confused.

I just bought a Gen 5.5 80GB iPod from Apple. It's a refurb and was $189. When it came from Apple it looked BRAND NEW. But ... the video would hang on playback. I brought it to the local Apple store the day after it was delivered ... showed them the problem and they swapped it out with another 80GB refurb ... which also looks brand spanking new. Now everything is working great with my D3 ...

I wouldn't recommend buying a used one from ebay .. spend the extra bucks and get the Apple refurb ... with all accessories and 1 year warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can buy the $50 cable from apple and run it into the A/V input. It won't charge or control from the screen of the D3 though.

I have a 6gen classic, is there still no solution for the video to play on the D3? I heard that you can run the cdi200 to the apple universal dock and it will work, but have not tried it. Any answer?