AVIC411.com

How do I increase the volume of calls coming in over BT

How do I increase the volume of calls coming in over BT?

When I receive calls, it's hard to hear the caller. How do I increase the volume and can the volume be increase during the call?

How do I use voice command to call a number I have stored in the phonebook? I activate VC, say call Christine, and the response I get is that there is no applicable data in the database.

How is everyone making calls? What is the simplest way? I do not know the phone numbers of my contacts so this is not an option to say dial number and then say the number.

I want to be able to say call Avic411.com and have it recognize this command. Is this possible? Thanks for the help.
If you go to the Settings menu in the Main screen there is a Volume button that give you control over all beeps and noises, nav voice and finally Phone Voice Volume. Be careful when you increase it because I bumped mine up a few notches and when my wife called me the other day...It scared the shit out of me and I had to hurry and readjust the volume.
you can't say 'call John Jones' and have the bluetooth call that number...what you can say is 'call' and it will come back and say something, then you can say 'phone book' and then choose that name 'manually' from the phone book or you can say the number and it will call it, but I don't think you can say' call John Jones' and it will call that number.

I know, it stinks, but I think that's how it works...it works that way for me.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]Can't you string commands together? Or mabe just skip ahead to "phone book"? I haven't really played with the voice stuff yet.[/quote]

yeah, you can like I mentioned...you can say 'call' and then it will come back to you and say something (I forget what it says) then you say 'phone book', then I think it says, choose it from the phone book, but you can't do it by voice, you have to do it by manually clicking on the name, which is stupid to me for hands free driving....so, yeah, you actually did string commands together after certain prompts, but it still will not let you just say something like ‘call John Jones’, I’ve tried that like a million times a million different ways.

You can type in favorites though, and say something like 'call favorite 1' or something
And it'll call that number, I haven't tried that, but you only get like 5 favorites stored...

So, I think it's not totally 'voice recognition' dialing.
Thanks for the responses guys. I think is sucks that you can't say call John Jones. Having to go the phonebook and manually press the name you want to call is rediculous. The whole idea of hands free is eliminated. I do have voice command on my XV6700 Pda/phone but the voice command prompt does not activate the AVIC's voice command. I also don't like when you make a call and you need to enter and extension you cannot press the buttons on the AVIC you have to press the buttons on your cell. It's a good product that needs refinement. Hopefully Pioneer will come out with software upgrades to improve some of the poor features.
[quote name="Mac3150"]Thanks for the responses guys. I think is sucks that you can't say call John Jones. Having to go the phonebook and manually press the name you want to call is rediculous. The whole idea of hands free is eliminated. I do have voice command on my XV6700 Pda/phone but the voice command prompt does not activate the AVIC's voice command. I also don't like when you make a call and you need to enter and extension you cannot press the buttons on the AVIC you have to press the buttons on your cell. It's a good product that needs refinement. Hopefully Pioneer will come out with software upgrades to improve some of the poor features.[/quote]

another thing looking at the documentation...you can't use the telephone book when the vehicle is moving....I don't have ducatiboy's flasher, and I haven't tried after doing the 3 second lights on/off thing, so I don't know if those would override using the phone book while driving....so, I'm thinking that's why they didn't make it a true 'voice recognition' device.

yeah it stinks for something that I paid $97.00 for, but I was better off using the wireless ear piece I had for like $50.00

but, there are good points about it, it'll call a resturant (if the phone number is found for that resturant) you found on the vicinity search which is pretty cool if you need to reserve a table. Or, a gas station or repair place, or towing place. I can't remember how many times I needed to do that and had to go to my Treo to bring up the number on a webpage and then remember that number and then manually dial the number.
Some of the issues in regards to VC is that the command "call John Jones" needs to be specified. What I mean is if you push the VC icon, and just say, "call John Jones", the Z1 does not know that you want to call John Jones, your friend or John Jones the restaurant. So there is a reason that it makes you do the phone book thing because you might be requesting a POI instead of a person in your phone book.
[quote name="bongus"]Some of the issues in regards to VC is that the command "call John Jones" needs to be specified. What I mean is if you push the VC icon, and just say, "call John Jones", the Z1 does not know that you want to call John Jones, your friend or John Jones the restaurant. So there is a reason that it makes you do the phone book thing because you might be requesting a POI instead of a person in your phone book.[/quote]

I agree, but it should come back and say, 'from phone book or map' or something of that nature....it shouldn't just direct you to the phone book and then you have to manually press that person’s phone number....

I guess what I'm saying is it's not meant as a hands free device. What they did was just make it somewhat convenient, but not totally hands free cause they disable that phone book while driving unless you do the on/off light thing or have the flasher. It needs improvement.
If you save the numbers in the Address Book as opposed to phone book you can give it a name that you can dial from using VC. Example. I have my office saved in address's and when you give it a name it asks if the pron. is correct. Now all I do is hit VC button then say, "Call Office." I will assume you can do this for all. I know that doesn't help if you have synced your phonebook up over bluetooth but that isn't an option for me as I have Verizon and I can't load my book anyway.

Now, a couple of you say that you can Say, "Phonebook" then select manually???? That doesn't work for me. I say, "Phonebook" then it just goes back to the map...

-Steve
[quote name="StevenRapp"]If you save the numbers in the Address Book as opposed to phone book you can give it a name that you can dial from using VC. Example. I have my office saved in address's and when you give it a name it asks if the pron. is correct. Now all I do is hit VC button then say, "Call Office." I will assume you can do this for all. I know that doesn't help if you have synced your phonebook up over bluetooth but that isn't an option for me as I have Verizon and I can't load my book anyway.

Now, a couple of you say that you can Say, "Phonebook" then select manually???? That doesn't work for me. I say, "Phonebook" then it just goes back to the map...

-Steve[/quote]

do u have any numbers in the phonebook? Cause if u didn't then I would expect that would happen.