A little bit of superglue and stick foam on the edges

dsc00185xy1.th.jpg

dsc00186tk8.th.jpg

Test fit

dsc00181ft1.th.jpg

Before and after the final touches :)

dsc00183ky9.th.jpg

dsc00189el2.th.jpg

nice works... but i got a problem with fake faceplates.. i drive a 06 civic si.. mine don't have standard 1 DIN factory deck headunit.. it's more likely a built-in head unit on my dash.. i wanted to do some of this fakeplates but i am thinking... would someone believe that a 06 Civic Si has a tape deck head unit?

i love my D3... any more good advice on how to fool thieves??? for the moment since i live on Sf bay area and i am a Oakland Raiders fan.. i bought a beach towel raiders and just cover my entire dash with the towel.. to protect my dash against the sun and to cover my D3.. but the thing is my interior get a lot of lints from the towel hehehe...

nice works... but i got a problem with fake faceplates.. i drive a 06 civic si.. mine don't have standard 1 DIN factory deck headunit.. it's more likely a built-in head unit on my dash.. i wanted to do some of this fakeplates but i am thinking... would someone believe that a 06 Civic Si has a tape deck head unit?

i love my D3... any more good advice on how to fool thieves??? for the moment since i live on Sf bay area and i am a Oakland Raiders fan.. i bought a beach towel raiders and just cover my entire dash with the towel.. to protect my dash against the sun and to cover my D3.. but the thing is my interior get a lot of lints from the towel hehehe...

Great idea throw a dark towel over the whole deal!

Here is mine. I gutted the factory head unit after it shorted out. Had to redrill the mounts to drop the D3 a little further in, then this dummy cover slides in. I put a small pull tab on the left for easy removal. The biggest advantage to this setup is that the important info shows through the factory faceplate, as you can see from the pictures. And since I have the steering wheel controls, the only thing I really need to open it up for (aside from videos) is to answer/hang up phone calls. Still trying to find a work around for that.

01Off.jpg

02On.jpg

03FlipOpen.jpg

04Open.jpg

05Night.jpg

As discussed many times, thieves aren't fooled by that. If anything the "oh look something important enough to cover up" is MORE tempting than seeing the unit itself.

In my case I don't care so much about the stereo. I'm more concerned with the damage they'd do breaking into the car and ripping it out. Getting a piece of replacement trim for my car took 6 weeks to order from Japan, I can't imagine having to make major repairs.

As discussed many times, thieves aren't fooled by that. If anything the "oh look something important enough to cover up" is MORE tempting than seeing the unit itself.

In my case I don't care so much about the stereo. I'm more concerned with the damage they'd do breaking into the car and ripping it out. Getting a piece of replacement trim for my car took 6 weeks to order from Japan, I can't imagine having to make major repairs.

True