AVIC411.com

Lock-up and Freezing Issue CD will not work

Hello,

I have been trying to apply the patch on my Z2 in order to stop it locking up. I downloaded the patch and burned it to CD as instructed with AVICZ1_HD1" folder and "Basefile.dat files on the top layer. I put it in my Z2, and it gives a message saying CD Inserted, but it does not do anything else. Has any seen this problem. I have burned three disks, and I have downloaded fresh twice. Please help if you have any ideas. Thanks

BTW I already checked the following. It is 200400.

When you're on the version screen, press and hold the top-left-hand corner. An extended version screen will appear. If you've just applied the Freezing update on a Z2, you want it to read as follows

OK so I feel like I am talking to myself here, but I figured it out. In case any one else wants to download patch from pioneer, here is how I did it. I am sure many already know this, but for some it may be helpful.

Use the program Magic ISO to burn an image to the disk so that it is a bootable data disk. You cannot just use windows explorer to burn the files to a disk. Also use the Mode One Format option as instructed at Pioneer's Web Site.

I now sucessfully did this upgrade. Hopefully no more freezes. :)

www.magiciso.com/download.htm

Hey Man, I have tried and tried to make this cd. I think I have ruined 10 to 15 so far. Could you please send me a working copy. I will gladly pay you what you think is fair. Address is: James Fuson, 127 Sumter Drive, Malvern Arkansas 72104. Thanks is advance for your help

I can walk you through it.

What you CANNOT do is just burn the files using windows explorer. It WILL NOT work.

Go to this we site www.magiciso.com/download.htm

Download Free program Magic ISO.

Once installed, you go to

File | New | Bootable CD / DVD Image

This will open a dialog that says From Bootable Image File (checked)

Click on the folder and point it to the file you downloaded from Pioneer called "Basefile.dat".

If you did this right, you will see at the top of the screen a 14% indicator with Total Size 100M written to the left.

Now go the bottom of the program and browse to you AVIC files.

There will be a folder named Z2 firmware update. Double click to open, and then take the AVICZ1_HD1 and a file named Basefile.dat and drag them to the window above on the right.

Now your status bar at the top will be at 36%.

Now click on the button that has a little blue and green icon on the far right just below the 36% status marker.

This will open a Burn CD/DVD dialog. Set the writing speed to whatever I did 40X. Then make sure a CD is in your burner, and keep the Mode One setting checked.

Then click BURN IT.

Now take the disk and insert it in your AVIC Z2, and it will update. Let me know how this goes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

gilessankey>>> U da Man!!! Thanks for the writeup! This one post makes up for the 20 bozos who ask the "What the difference between the Z3 and Z2?" and all the other bs that I need to cypher through. If this firmware works, you saved my Z2 as well for I was ready to put my fist through it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

man am I frustrated

I am following the instructions above to a T, but when I insert the disk into my Z2 it says "unreadable disk"

I am using a CD-RW, could that be the problem??

when I put the cd-rw back into my cpu, the folder it opens shows to be blank........ :?

I am using a CD-RW, could that be the problem??

It should work. What program are you using to burn? Try using a standard CD-R. I've noticed these units are fickle as to the make of CD. Also, reconfirm your burn settings.

I am using MagicIso

I am starting to think its the cd-rw

I tried to burn just some picture files onto it using windows, and it is giving me an error.

its the only disk I could find round the house, the rest are in my desk at work.

guess it will have to wait till tomorrow

• 5 years later...

I can walk you through it.

What you CANNOT do is just burn the files using windows explorer. It WILL NOT work.

Go to this we site www.magiciso.com/download.htm

Download Free program Magic ISO.

Once installed, you go to

File | New | Bootable CD / DVD Image

This will open a dialog that says From Bootable Image File (checked)

Click on the folder and point it to the file you downloaded from Pioneer called "Basefile.dat".

If you did this right, you will see at the top of the screen a 14% indicator with Total Size 100M written to the left.

Now go the bottom of the program and browse to you AVIC files.

There will be a folder named Z2 firmware update. Double click to open, and then take the AVICZ1_HD1 and a file named Basefile.dat and drag them to the window above on the right.

Now your status bar at the top will be at 36%.

Now click on the button that has a little blue and green icon on the far right just below the 36% status marker.

This will open a Burn CD/DVD dialog. Set the writing speed to whatever I did 40X. Then make sure a CD is in your burner, and keep the Mode One setting checked.

Then click BURN IT.

Now take the disk and insert it in your AVIC Z2, and it will update. Let me know how this goes. :)

Thank you man

You are truly awesome

but may I add that you need to check the finalize cd box along with mode 1