AVIC411.com

2003 Chevrolet Silverado Ext

I just bought an avic d3 that should come in a few days and I want to be prepared for my 2003 Silverado I bought the peswips steering control module and axxess gmos-04 integrated harness, does anyone have a heads up before I dig in, also I have read that you don't have to find the vss and reverse when using the gmos-04 is this true or does it not apply to my truck. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

I've got the GMOS-01 for my 06 Impala SS and it's not getting/passing the VSS signal for some reason. It does, however, handle the reverse. I've also got the SWI-PS SWC module and it's a PITA. I may have gotten a bad one, but when I talked to PAC, they instructed me to wire in a small capacitor between a couple wires and even that did not help.

Search around for other threads about the GMC/Chevy 2500HD installs. There is a quirk or two that may apply to you regarding illumination hookup issues.

I have on 03 silvy too. The VSS wire is the green with white stripe behind your instrument cluster. My auto dimmer didnt work either so I had to tap into a wire over at the connector where the headlight switch is. I forget which wire though- I wanna say it was brown but I think there was 2 brown ones. I had to cut a little bit of plastic inside the dash near the bottom cause the bottom of the D3 was hitting it.