AVIC411.com

Avic D3 Bypass problem

Hey guys, I have an Avic D3 in my 06 Mustang, and Im having a little trouble with the bypass that allows me to watch DVD's while driving. First off the install and the bypass was done by a friend who has worked for Best Buy as a mobile installer for 3 years, and he's installed lots of D3's, and he has done the bypass on his own car, and at least two others. So what im trying to say is, more than likely its not user or installer error. Anyway we did the bypass by plugging the mute wire and parking brake lead into the the empty port, and grounding them. (I could be wrong on that, i think thats what i remember him saying)

But anyway, it WILL allow me to play a DVD when the parking brake is disengaged, and it WILL allow me to play one while im in gear, but as soon I go above about 10-15 MPH, the video cuts out, and it gives me the warning of "it is unsafe for a video to play where the driver can see blah blah blah......" and it will continue to give me that warning until i decelerate back below 10-15 MPH, as soon as I get back below 10 - 15 MPH, the video picks back up where it left off. Its almost like its saying, if your going 10 MPH its ok for the driver to watch, but as soon as you go above that, your going to fast and the driver shouldnt be watching.

Anyone ever had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it? My friend who installed it said that he has never had this problem, but he has had problems with the bypass in Ford vehicles before, but he got it to work by doing exactly what he did to mine. Thanks for any suggestions.

"Anyway we did the bypass by plugging the mute wire and parking brake lead into the the empty port, and grounding them.

The parking brake wire pin is supposed to remain in the original pin location. ONLY the mute wire pin location is supposed to be moved. I don't really see how you could even get two pins into a single pin slot without really messing things up anyway.

I had my D3 professionally installed today. The installers were wondering about the same issue (although I had mine installed conventionally-no DVD viewing while in motion). I don't know who they called, but they said that the D3 employs an internal gyroscope that sense motion and cuts off the DVD playback when the car is moving.

I had my D3 professionally installed today. The installers were wondering about the same issue (although I had mine installed conventionally-no DVD viewing while in motion). I don't know who they called, but they said that the D3 employs an internal gyroscope that sense motion and cuts off the DVD playback when the car is moving.

installers are dumb... 3 stickies in the hacks/mods section for bypass.