AVIC411.com

Remote Start Doesn't bypass Z!

Can anyone with a remote start tell me if when they remote start their vehicle if the z1 comes on too. Mine does not and then when I try to flash the headlights after inserting the key it doesn't work. I have to cut the car off and flash then it works fine. I know my timing isn't off when flashing cuz i never miss a beat normally. its like second nature. My z1 cuts on after i insert the key and turn all the way to the right. Can anyone help. Also how to I upload pictures
Do the lights come on at all when you remote start? There might be something with the remote start which is stopping the flash from getting to the Z1, either the lights are on or they are being controlled by the remote start and manually flashing doesn't do anything.
I have a crimestopper remote start/alarm on a 1999 acura 3.5 rl. When the car is remote started the car runs and the parking lights flash and stay on but the z1 is OFF. Once i insert the key in the ignition and turn right the z1 powers up and at that point i do the flash but it doesnt work. When reading the post the flash trick was found by someone with remote start so i would think his z1 turned on with it but mine does not. any thoughts as to y it doesn't come on until key is in then y doesn't flash work
Yeah, the accy circuit that tells the z1 when to turn on is not being powered buy the remote start. MOre than likely because the extra accy wire was not needed to make the r/s function properly. I'm not really familiar with the model r/s you have so I really can't get into specifics as far as how to fix it so the r/s will turn on the z1.
Sounds like my setup, although I have a Avital system.

My remote start does not power the radio's acc line.
(just the others that feed the AC, Seat Heaters, Wipers etc)
I decided against powering the radio, so my old Avic90 didn't fold out while I was away from the car, attracting unnecessary attention.
That only energizes when I put my key in.

But even if you had your installer wire that ACC line hot on remote start, your still in the same boat.
The radio comes on while your away, does its power cycle, but your not there to manually flash the lights.
So either way using remote start, you have to kill the car and re-start everything manually

But......using Ducatiboy's flasher it doesn't matter.
When you get in and insert your key after a remote start, the radio doesn't know any different. It just loads as usual and the flasher circuit does it job.

Has worked every single manual or remote start since I hooked it up
So if I have the installer hook the z1 up to the ac power line then the radio would power on, is that correct. Thats what I want because the remote start flashed my lights within 5-8 seconds of me pressing the button w]hich would trigger the bypass. i would buy ducatiboys device if i could find someone who would hook it up. ive already had wood finish put around the radio and don't want it to be destroyed. the folks who put the z1 in was a pioneer authorized dealer and wouldn't intall it. But back to it all I have to do is hook ac line up to z1 and im good. I dont care about the screen coming on because I will just turn it off prior to getting out of the vehicle that way it powers on and blue led are lit and the bypass works but no screen light. how does that sound
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Shak@StereoEFX"]I have a Viper 791XV installed on my 05 Accord and when I remote start it, my Z1 does turn on. And if I wait until after the Starting up Pioneer....... screen to put my key in, then the Z1 is bypassed.[/quote]

I also have a Viper 791XV installed on my 2005 F150 SCREW and the Z1 comes on when I remote start it. The bypass works fine in my truck and with my Z1.
ducatiboy,

I'm so new to this its not funny. I have your Circuit and I'm getting it install tomorrow. I want to know if everything is hooked up right with the circuit it should be fine.

Now I want to add a remote start as well, but after reading this I'm sacred. A lot of people love your product so thats why I went with it. So if a installer put in a remote start the way they all ways do it will it cause problems. I dont want to get in the truck and have perfect timing switching on and off the truck thats just not something I want to do.

Please help thanks in advance.
[quote name="DZFORD250"]I have a 06 Ford F-250, but I don't want the Z-1 to come on when I remote start the vehilce.[/quote]

Well depending on the remote start and the wiring specifics of the truck, you might not have any choice. The Z1 might start when you remote start the vehicle.

I don't know why you care.

[quote name="DZFORD250"]ducatiboy,

I'm so new to this its not funny. I have your Circuit and I'm getting it install tomorrow. I want to know if everything is hooked up right with the circuit it should be fine.

Now I want to add a remote start as well, but after reading this I'm sacred. A lot of people love your product so thats why I went with it. So if a installer put in a remote start the way they all ways do it will it cause problems. I dont want to get in the truck and have perfect timing switching on and off the truck thats just not something I want to do.

Please help thanks in advance.[/quote]

Well, don't be scared. You should be scared of terrorists, global warming, were-rabbits, dracula... but not car radios.

Putting in a remote start the way they always do? I'm not quite sure what that means or your comment about perfect timing...

Basically, cntrylvr79 is right. If my circuit goes right to the red wire off the back of the Z1... it doesn't matter if the Z1 starts when the remote start starts the engine, or if it starts when you insert the key. When power is applied to the Z1 (via the remote start or the key... which is depending on the remote start and the truck's wiring) both will turn on together and any timing issues will be handled.

Usually remote starts shouldn't be a problem. I have seen one guy who did have a problem and I needed to tweak the software in the circuit and replace the standard one I sent to him. So one way or the other we can get it to work.

Just don't be scared, these will all work out... it's just mobile audio. I know it might seem overwhelming, but these things all work together real nice. As long as you have a competent installer everything will be fine.
You shouldn't have any problems with an r/s in the truck. If I'm remember correctly all of the igniton wires must be powered in order to power up all of the required systems for the ac controls. Which means the z1 and ducatiboy's circuit will power up at the same time. Provided as he stated you get a compentant installer. Though finding one of those seems to be rather difficult anymore.