AVIC411.com

Has anyone created a toggle switch for the bypass

After reading numerous posts on the brake switch bypass and rewiring the mute wire, a thought occured to me... has anyone thought about wiring up some sort of toggle switch so that it can be placed back in compliance with a flick of the switch, and off when you need to make address changes to the nav system will enroute? I am not so concerned about watching dvds when driving, but it would be nice not to have to pull over just to input an address, or dial a phone # using the BT phone interface. I think a toggle switch that passes the brake switch normally and grounding it when you need to. Any suggestions or thoughts on this?

I have a switch but never use it. I think if I were driving to an area where the man was pickier about that sort of thing I switch off the bypass. I don't watch videos but it would be very inconvenient to have to stop and put the park brake on just to start or cancel a route. Plus, my passenger should be allowed to do all that while the car is moving. Seems unreasonable.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a switch installed in my car because I have been pulled over for having video playing while I was driving through Atlanta. The officer was very determined in showing that I was in fact watching videos while driving. I also have my subs hooked up to a switch so when I am being a hot head driving through residential neighborhoods at 2 in the morning with my subs pounding I can quickly turn them off and un-hack my video playing while driving. Two very tiny switches on the underside of the steering column at the base. Haven't had a problem since.

I know that I bring those things on myself but it still nice to be one step up on people trying to bring you down. I originally did the hack for NAV purpose

I wonder who these people might be. Decent people trying to sleep at 2am so they can get to work at 8am. Or those whose job is to "serve and protect" so that decent people can sleep at 2 am instead of being disturbed by some idiot trying to impress other idiots with a noisy stereo who obviously has no respect for anyone.

Stop trying to do things wrong and problems wont follow you. When your friends or family get run over or ran off the road by some idiot trying to watch a movie and drive or, your elderly parents cant sleep at night because some idiot thinks he a rolling DJ then maybe when you grow up you'll understand why we need those people who try to keep "you" down.

It's amazing that you not only said something that stupid but you printed it online also!

Dude...did you seriously join this board so you could make that one post? Do you not realize where you are on the internet? This is a forum about stereo stuff, and more specifically, a section about how to hack and mod said stereo equipment.

Maybe one day you'll realize it's stupid to come on to a stereo forum and call someone an idiot because you're jealous of the stuff they like and can afford.

I drive a very loud 550hp car with a stereo system to match....gee, I must be an idiot :roll:

/end rant

Dude...did you seriously join this board so you could make that one post? Do you not realize where you are on the internet? This is a forum about stereo stuff, and more specifically, a section about how to hack and mod said stereo equipment.

Maybe one day you'll realize it's stupid to come on to a stereo forum and call someone an idiot because you're jealous of the stuff they like and can afford.

I drive a very loud 550hp car with a stereo system to match....gee, I must be an idiot :roll:

/end rant

/end rant