AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 TO Z3 Upgrade

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post the platform version and HDD application version from your unit? Rather than waiting for the free version I'm thinking of just doing the ebay thing, just want to make sure it's different from my Z2.

I did what you said and it says this.

Platform version: 3.000100

Gps Program version: 1.200000

HDD Application Version: 3.100200

Hope this is what you were asking for, now can someone tell me what this means?

Most excellent, thanks openend. It means it's a Z3 and has the latest software Version 3. Does anyone know how to verify map versions?

The guy I bought it from said it is unlocked as well. How cn I tell, and what will it do that the unlocked one did not.

He also said that the hard drive isYou are purchasing an upgraded 40GB (5400 rpm) hard drive for your AVIC-Z1 or AVIC-Z2 or AVIC-Z3.

This HDD will turn your Z1/Z2 into a Z3.

Fully tested.

This HDD is already fully unlocked so you can hook it up to your computer even after installing it in your AVIC system.

I currently use the same upgrade and it works great.

This is a extremely stable 40GB HDD. It actually improves performance over the original HDD. This 40GB HDD is optimal. Anything bigger is a waste because you can only have 400 albums in a AVIC-Z series and the 20GB music partition is the perfect size for 400 albums. Anything bigger will only increase your seek time.

This hard drive will upgrade your Z1/Z2 with the new maps and all the new features. All you have to do is swap out the hard drives.

2008 Maps

Latest POIs

March 2008 CDDB

This hard drive will also double your music space from 10GB to 20GB.

unlocked and the hard drive is 40 gig