AVIC411.com

Avic D3: 4-Speakers or 2 + SUB

I decided I want to keep it simple and NOT get an external amp. Decided to try to make the most of the built in amplifier.

I've got a 2007 Ram Quad cab. Front doors are 6x9. Rear doors are 6.5

I Just received 4 speakers from crutchfield Boston sx95 for front and sx65 for rear.

Was reading the manual and instead of using the rear speakers, you can use the rear output for a sub and set up a HPF for the front speakers. Crutchfield has some compact bazooka tube subs that have low RMS rating.

This sounds like it would work well _in theory_ but wondering if this will work well. Anyone use the built in amp to power a small sub?

I figure with the 6x9s in front, the rear 6.5s are redundant and may only help with imaging.

I installed one in a friend's car years ago and it sounded surprisingly good(after adjustments) and wasn't boomy.Buy the Bazooka 10 inch amplified tube.If you wire it to the speaker level side you will get better output.If you go thru the RCA's you'll get better blend but less volume.

I use my D3 to power a passive sub. It's actually a small Bose subwoofer for the house and it normally runs 4 ohms per channel, but I have it wired parallel to 2ohms and running in SUB mode from the D3. Sounds pretty good.....then again I have a large SUV which provides good acoustics for it.