AVIC411.com

Recorded music only plays back on left speakers

When I play a CD is plays out of all 4, but when I record to the harddrive it only plays back on the left side. Pioneer was no help. Is this an internal problem or a software issue? I have tried 3 different CD's some original and some home made with no difference.

Have you tried a reset? This is a new one,I've never heard of this problem before. The reset is a wild guess to be honest. If it was a normal home recorder I would say you recorded in mono. It could be a read or record problem. Let me know what the fix is whenever you get it done.

I just got my Z2 installed today and I have the same issue with the recorded music being played only out of the left speaker. The installer was like "wtf?" And could not fiure it out. I have not had any luck with any audio adjustments yet. I did notice that the nav voice is also only out of the let speaker. Can anyone help?

I did not mean to imply that the cd's themselves are recored. They are orginal cd's and when played in the z2, they play just fine. But when you record them onto the HD, while its recording you only here the music out of the left speakers and it does the same on playback. I'm stumped too!

THIS BLOWS I am sending mine back in. Nothing seems to work here. Burned CD, Originals. It plays fine but when recorded and then replayed it doesn't. I walked thru with Pioneer tech support to see what they knew and they had me remove the libary and reinstall after a reset and no joy.

In ya'lls opinion who is better California or Ohio tech support?

This problem has been reported by other users before. I recall reading several posts from last summer with the exact same issue. Do a search and look for some posts from last year. I think the fix involved replacing the HD, although, if your unit is under warranty return that sucker and get a new one.

EDIT: Found it, http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9038

looks like a return for a new hard drive is in your future. I'd give the level 4 reset a try first.

I definitely agree that a level 4 reset should be tried first.. Don't know exactly why it fixed my problems, but it did when all other options were tried - even those suggested by Pio Tech.. sux that you lose all your library - but its better than ripping your unit out and sending it in.

Thanks peeps. No really - I appreciate the efforts here. Revlis - I actually thought the mono thing too. BTW love the sense of humor! The last thing I want to do is have to send it back, and you are right - it may come to that. But I will try the level four reset first. Ok. Now.... whats a level four reset and how do I do it? :oops: