AVIC411.com

D3 Refurbs?

That's a tough one.I've bought refub. with pretty good luck(not a nav unit).The problem is,you don't know what the previous problem was(minor/major)and is it truely fixed or a band-aide applied.Now.....,you're buying a highly complex unit ,plus you're adding a refub.title to it with a 90 day warranty.Is it a really good price you're paying?If you buy it ,play it 24/7 while its in warranty.Good-Luck on your decision !

Its basically a $200 difference upfront. If I can get the rebate then it'll be about $10 difference, but thats once I get the rebate back.

I'm from Canada so I can get the refurb shipped without having to pay duties or anything for just under $700. Or I'll be in Chicago next week where I can buy it locally for $902 w/taxes, and then hopefully get the $200 rebate eventually using a relatives US address.

In that case wait and by it when you visit the states.If you can still get the rebate you'll pay a little more out of pocket but you'll have the full 1 year warranty and a brand new unit and make sure the person who installs it know what he's doing. Good-Luck !

P.S. Now get on the phone and see when the rebate expires!

April 30

In that case wait and by it when you visit the states.If you can still get the rebate you'll pay a little more out of pocket but you'll have the full 1 year warranty and a brand new unit and make sure the person who installs it know what he's doing. Good-Luck !

I'm a certified installer so installation is no problem.

The problem with the best buy one is that it doesn't come with the BT and iPod wire.

I'm sorry I missed that big X behind the D3.Since you're certified you don't need me to tell you about the pros and cons of a refurb D3x. I'm sure you already know.Goto Amazon.com they had the D3x listed as low as 719.00 +24.60 shipped New.

Just because they're online and have the best looking web site doesn't mean they're legit.Some will promise the world at a great price but can't deliver.Check some of the threads here on this site and read for yourself.Before you buy go to sites like this and ask have anyone bought form them and how was their experience.