AVIC411.com

Brand new Z1 - Override doesn't work

:evil:
I just had a Z1 installed in my 2006 Civic Si. Did a lot of research and purchased Ducatiboy's circuit. My installer couldn't get it to work and Ducatiboy was good enough to talk to him. However, it seems that everything is hooked up properly and it won't unlock the Z1. We tried manually pulsing the illimantion lead, multiple resets including level 4 and nothing works. The unit was manufactured in July, 2006. I'm thinking that Pioneer may have closed this hole although they did not increment the revision numer (1.0000).

Any ideas?
If Pioneer truely closed this hole as you describe then there will be a lot of disappointed future Z1 users out there. I guess the good news is the version number is still the same so this possible closure is more hardware than firmware. I was concerned future firmware upgrades would eliminate DucatiBoy's circuit. Maybe we can start listing build dates of Z1's...I have a May build date and DB's circuit works great. Anyone else?
Damn, that sucks. I can't imagine using the Z1 without the bypass. I guess Alpine is going to start getting a lot more customers since they have a much more open system.

I just wish I didn't have such a bad taste in my mouth from my experience with the absolutely horrible CDA-98xx series.

I'm really beginning to believe no manufacturers do any kind of usability testing of their systems.
[quote name="DJ Machismo"]I just put mine in last night, wired up the bypass as instructed in the instructions ducatiboy provided. Yet no dice on the bypass. The illumimation works as well, even tried the light flash but no dice.

-Litos[/quote]

It might be the problem with the new units. What's your manufaturer date of your Z1?
Well first a stupid question. Where do I find the manufacture date of the unit?

Then onto the testing, tried doing the resets but they didn't work. Tried resetting the unit from the front. No change at all.

The only time I can even access the Restore to factory defaults is if I ground the parking brake wire. This doesn't do anything either.

I have yet to try restoring to factory defaults then resetting afterwards. But somehow I don't think that'll work.

Any new advice on this would be great.

-Litos
Thanks for putting up with that question.

Ducatiboy, to do the flashing procedure with the actual lights, can I have your circuit installed or do I have to remove it?

I want to test with your circuit out to see if I can get my unit to respond to it. Then I can figure something else out from there.

-Litos
My understanding is that it will let you drive 10-15 min then grey out most of the functions. I'm returninig mine and trying to find an older one. This really sucks as I'm sure any future updates from Pioneer will close this hole on units that don't currently have it. I believe in safety but not allowing you to cancel or change a route, let alone making a phine call is crazy. It's much more dangerous to try and make a call from the handset.