AVIC411.com

Bluetooth phone book....

so i tried setting up my phone book....connected my phone, registered it, then went to the add phonebook and it didnt say anything on that screen, after reading the manual i guess it should say start? i know that a lot of phones wont do the transfer so im just wondering if this is how its supposed to happen whenever you dont have the option of transfering the phone book....its kind of an older Razor..verizon..

Second thing, my plan is up and i get a 2 year upgrade, i want a phone that will connect well with my D3...i read through the poll where they list there phone, phone carrier and the options it does but i was wondering first, whats the best phone for verizon to connect with my D3 also is there a certain type of brand LG, Motorola or something that does better or worse with the D3 bluetooth connection?

Thanks for all the info in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey holee,

I am having the same problem with my HTC 8125 from Cingular. Not only I am not able to see the contacts I am not able to add using the phonebook. I am guessing I can create the names and numbers of people and store them on the BT 200 but I am not able to do that using the avic display. So far the only thing that I was able to do is to go to the received calls and get the numbers into the Preset dials but it only shows the number not the name. The Caller ID with the name is not being transferred from the phone to the unit. I am using the jetware demo version on my phone. Will the complete ver help me resolve my problem?

Thank you for your help

CC

I have the phone registered in position one. I do a direct connect and the go to the menu to do the phonebook upload and it disconnects the phone but it doen't add the contacts. I also tried the same with my wife Motorolas and it does the same thing. I am interested only on having the contacts from my 8125 on it. HELP!!!

It is supposed to disconnect when you hit phonebook transfer. Then you use your phone and select a contact to send over. Choose one and hit the menu button on your phone. It should have an option similar to Send Address Book Entry, or Copy, or Send Business Card, or something like that. Repeat that for all your address book entries

I couldn't wait so I took a break and went to my car to play with my new radio. And it works!!!! I do not have that many contacts so for me to do it manually is not big deal. I am extremelly happy with the radio. I have a step by step of my install with pics and everything for a 2005 Xterra that I think will help some people. I will create a new post for it. Thank you all for your help here.

Thank you

Carlos Cameselle

The phone software itself doesent add the contacts. You must do the following steps to transfer the entire phone book at one time....

On the Tilt I went to program files then to the bluetooth options folder. thats were the Jetware program is (on mine its labled hands free config). Go to menu and then phonebook options. In the phonebook options go to menu again and there is a send contacts item. Make sure your d3 is ready to transfer phonebook then click done on the phone and it should send everything over.

Should be exactly the same for the 8125...

Ive had both phones so im pretty confident of that.

Ok one last thing that I just noticed. When I receive a call the radio is not showing the name of the caller. Even thought the number is in the phonebook. The only Diference is that in the phone I have a "-" between the number IE (305)123-4567.

Thank you in advanced for your help

Carlos

If the phone number was trasfered over to the btb phonebook then it should show up. I dont think that there is any issue with the dash in the number but on occasion I have been known to be absolutly wrong. I would change a couple of the number to without the dash or any other figures and see if it makes a difference.