AVIC411.com

ducatiboy.. when u get a chance....

Hi, Had my z1 installed. the bypass did not work. this is on an 07 suburban. now i have day running lights... does this matter. i cant seem to get the bypass to work manually.

also was not able to get my bluetooth module to work either unless i grounded the pb wire? any ideas....
Was you unit made in July 06? If so it might not work. Pioneer might have closed the back door we all used to bypass the unit.

If you uninstall my circuit and try manually flashing the lights, and that works, let me know and we can get something to work. If manually flashing doesn't work then right now I can't do anything. If my circuit is installed correctly or even incorrectly, manually flashing the lights won't work. The only way to test the manual flashing is to have my circuit removed.
[quote name="dsrtlawman"]I have a july 06 unit and flashing the lights no longer work. Anyone know anybody at pioneer that might have some insite as to where the hid the override?[/quote]

Do you have a June 06 or a July 06?
[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1393&start=3]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1393&start=3[/url]

I'm pretty sure the June 06 ones still work. There is even a guy with a July one that still works.
[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1278&start=19]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1278&start=19[/url]

You might have something hooked up wrong.
Im pretty sure its a june 06 unit but I cant get the flasher to override the system. Every other function works like it is supposed to including dimming the unit when I turn on the lights so I assume that the unit is wired right.

Im Turning on the light as soon as I see the pioneer boot screen and turning them off as soon as the logo appears. No cigar. Still locked out unless stopped and ebarake grounded.

Dont know what to do at this point but look for an older unit and swap it out.

Any suggestions?
[quote name="dsrtlawman"]Im Turning on the light as soon as I see the pioneer boot screen and turning them off as soon as the logo appears. No cigar. Still locked out unless stopped and ebarake grounded.

Dont know what to do at this point but look for an older unit and swap it out.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

That might not be the best timing for that.

Is my circuit installed right now? If so then flashing your lights manually won't do anything.

If the circuit is not installed, the try turning on the lights when you see the "starting pioneer" text and turn them off and on again within a second or 2. The time on or off has to be about 1/2 second either way.
No, your circuit is not installed. I wanted to make sure the unit responded to the override before I put the circuit in.

I am turning the lights on when the the very fisrt text type is on the screen and turning them off when the color logo appears. Is that not right?

I really want this to work. Im pretty sure I have a June 06 unit but cant seem to over ride the system. If I'm still having trouble, I will pull the unit and verify the date on the case.
my unit is a july 06 unit.... and no luck. i double checked the install and everything is wred right. i get the dimming like i am supposed to. but no luck

i even tried pulling it out. reseting the unit and trying again.

f---ing pioneer. that makes me mad. all i want is to update nav and use the phone features on the fly....

i dont care about watching a movie while in motion....
[quote name="quikdub"] [quote name="ricerocket21x"]I just bought n installed my z1 on august 4, 2006. it is a july 2006 model n the ducatiboy circuit works everytime.[/quote]

do you have onstar?[/quote]

negative, i don't have on-star or or nethin special like daytime running lights just good ol illumination wire.
OMG, you guys have me so worried right now.

My car has been at the installers since Monday as I am having a number of things done, I get it back tomorrow and the whole reason I went with the Z1 was because I thought you could unlock it, with the locks in the unit is paralyzed.

I'll be up all night now worrying if my unit can be unlocked or not :roll:
Hey all...Newbie here, but I've been reading for a while since I've been interested in getting the Z1. Anyway, I've recently become concerned about the new July batches. When I was calling around to inquire about it, one person told me that Pioneer has changed the unit in July. Something about the 20 pin connector on the back. That the new units have one of the pins blank and that on the older units that pin used to be grounded. I have no idea if any of that makes sense because I have no knowledge on wiring, etc. I hope this helps or can make a difference so someone can figure out how to bypass this.

He also said that the new units have a switch on the back that you can flip to bypass everything, but it's behind the sticker that says it will void the warranty if removed.