AVIC411.com

avic navigation not working... please help

please help me guys. i have my avic installed in my 04 audi s4 and i can't get the nav to work. it's picking up 3 satellites which sucks but at least it's working. everything works except the nav. i even hooked up the speed sensor wire. i drive around town and it doesn't move at all. first it was staying put in new york (i live in philadelphia) until i changed the location to my house. but still, nothing happens when i'm driving around. what's the deal? oh, and i thought it might have been bad reception so i put the antenna on the dash to test it out but still the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, i just bought my d3 and installed it and im having the same issue your having. everything else works but the navigation. i live in corpus christi tx and it says that im in los angeles california, and the nav never ever moves.

If you have fixed yours can you please let me know what you did. thanks

or if anyone ielse knows what the damm issue is can you please let me know.

thanks guys

LOL,

I live in Canada in the first thing I saw when everything got installed is Los Angeles.

Look, it takes time for the computer to process and map you where you are. Make sure the cd of your region is in (East or West) and that you have GPS reception. If you do, leave everything as is and drive around. Eventually it will update and you will have functional GPS navigation.

Cheers,

i am having the same problem with mine. i actually returned it and got a new one and the same stuff happens. when i drive the arrow does not move. when i wired it up i hooked up all the speaked wires, the red ,yellow, and the black. i also just hooked the parking brake wire to the ground along with the mute wire after i changer the mute wires pin. any one have any answers for us please

I called crutchfield and they told me to call pioneer and to see if it was defective. so i called pioneer troubleshooting and they didnt do jack SH#T. So i called Crutchfield again and they overnighted me one and i installed it and BAMM, I have a working navigation for my D3. Pioneer said that it should work pretty easy. If your having the same problem i was having, this is what you should try and if it doesnt work then take it back and get a new one. If when you first turn the d3 on and it has you somewhere that you dont live at then go to navi menu and to setting and select modify current location and once you do that and it doesnt work then just take it back.