AVIC411.com

New Sirius Tuner CD-SB10

I'll be curious to know if the new Pioneer Sirius tuner (CD-SB10) will have any more functions or will it work better compared to the old (SIR-PNR2) unit? Pioneer's website says it'll work with the AVIC-Z series and any other unit with Satellite Compatibility. Regretfully it's two separate units instead of one now (CD-SB10 & SC-C1).....

If anybody gets this, please let us know your findings....

"CD-SB10

Sirius Bus Interface

For use with Pioneer "SAT Radio Ready" Headunits and AV Receivers. Sirius Satellite Radio subscription required, sold separately. SC-C1 required for operation and sold separately."

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/Navigation/In-Dash/AVIC-Z3?tab=C

This information is from Crutchfield:

"The CD-SB10 adapter lets you control a SIRIUS satellite radio with your Pioneer stereo. This adapter works with newer Pioneer stereos equipped with a CD changer connection, letting you control either of the following:

the SC-C1 SiriusConnectâ„¢ universal tuner;

a compatible SIRIUS portable radio, like the Sportster, Starmate, Stratus, or Stiletto, together with a SiriusConnectâ„¢ vehicle kit (available in early 2008).

The CD-SB10 adapter sends song text to the Pioneer stereo's display, and lets you browse SIRIUS channels by using your Pioneer stereo's controls. The adapter powers your satellite radio and includes a pass-through connection, so you can add another piece of Pioneer gear to your car stereo system.

Note: A subscription to SIRIUS is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states — not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska.

Details:

works with SC-C1 SiriusConnectâ„¢ Tuner or plug-and play SIRIUS satellite radios

provides control of your SiriusConnect-compatible radio through your satellite-ready Pioneer car stereo

displays text on the stereo and supplies power to the satellite radio

warranty: 1 year

Want more peace of mind? Extended Service Plans Available"

"Features

General Overview: The Pioneer CD-SB10 Sirius Satellite Radio Interface lets you control your Sirius universal tuner or plug-and-play tuner (tuners sold separately) from your 2005-2008 Satellite Ready Pioneer head unit. In addition to the CD-SB10 interface, you will need a Satellite Ready Pioneer headunit, a SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle Tuner (item# 607SCC1) or a Sirius plug-and-play device with a SiriusConnect Vehicle Kit (item# 607SCVDOC1) along with a subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

Compatibility: The CD-SB10 is compatible with Pioneer Satellite Radio Ready 2005-2008 Head-units and requires an optional SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle Tuner (item# 607SCC1) or SiriusConnect Vehicle Dock (item# 607SCVDOC1) and a Sirius portable plug-and-play tuner. The following Satellite Radio Ready Pioneer head-units and media controllers are compatible with the CD-SB10.

AVIC-D2, AVIC-D3, AVIC-F700BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-N2, AVIC-N3, AVIC-Z1, AVIC-Z2

AVH-P4000DVD, AVH-P4900DVD, AVH-P5000DVD, AVH-P5900DVD, AVH-P600DVD, AVH-P7600DVD, AVHP7800DVD, AVX-P8DVD

DEH-P2900MP, DEH-P300IB, DEH-P3800MP, DEH-P390MP, DEH-P3900MP, DEH-P400UB, DEH-P4000UB, DEH-P480MP, DEH-P4800MP, DEH-P490MP, DEH-P4900MP, DEH-P500UB, DEH-P5000UB, DEH-P580MP, DEH-P5800MP, DEHP600UB, DEH-P680MP, DEH-P6800MP, DEH-P690UB, DEH-P6900UB, DEH-P700BT, DEH-P7000BT, DEH-P7800BT, DEH-P78MP, DEH-P7800MP, DEH-P790BT, DEH-P7900BT, DEH-P8MP, DEH-P80MP, DEH-P800PRS, DEH-P860MP, DEH-P8600MP, DEH-P880PRS, DEH-P960MP, DEH-P9600MP, DEH-P980BT, DEH-P9800BT, DVH-P5000MP

FH-P500MP, FH-P800BT, FH-P8000BT

Control Functions: The Pioneer interface allows you to control your Sirius plug-and-play device right from your IP-Bus Pioneer head-unit. The interface allows you to control the following advanced functions from select Pioneer IP-Bus radio.

Instant Replay: If your portable plug-and-play Sirius tuner supports the Instant Replay function, you can pause, rewind, and replay live broadcasts for up to 60 minutes from your compatible Pioneer IP-Bus headunit. This way you can listen to your favorite programming again at your convenience.

Game Alert: When onnected to the CD-SB10 and a compatible Sirius Tuner, your IP-Bus Pioneer radio can alert you when games involving your favorite teams are about to start. To use this function, you need to set up a game alert for your teams in advance.

Game Info: If games of your selected teams are currently playing, you can display information of the games and tune to the broadcast channel. You can display information of the games while enjoying the sound from currently your currently tuned station. You can also tune to the broadcast channel of the game.

Notes: The AVH-P4000DVD, AVH-P5000DVD, AVIC-F700BT, AVIC-F900BT, DEH-P6000UB, DEH-P7000BT, and DEH-P8000BT are the only headunits that support the Instant Replay feature. The AVIC-D2 and the AVH-P6600DVD are the only headunit that do not support any of the above the Control Functions but do allow Sirius Satellite Radio playback.

Mounting: The hide-away interface features built-in flanges to be used with optional mounting screws and comes supplied with four velcro strips to secure the unit to a flat surface of your vehicle. The unit comes supplied with an 5' IP-Bus cable and 58" Power/ground harness so keep that in mind when mounting the unit away from your headunit.

Inputs and Outputs

To Sirius Tuner: 8-pin round connector used to connect a Sirius Satellite cable (supplied with optional SiriusConnect Satellite Radio Tuner or Vehicle Kit) from the Pioneer Sirius Interface Box to the SiriusConnect compatible Satellite Radio Tuner or Vehicle Kit.

IP-Bus Output: 12-pin IP-Bus connector used to connect the supplied 5' IP-Bus cable from the Pioneer Sirius Interface Box to the CD-changer port on the rear chassis of your compatible Pioneer headunit.

IP-Bus Input (pass-through): 12-pin IP-Bus connector used to connect a Pioneer CD-changer or other IP-Bus compatible device to your Pioneer headunit through the CD-SB10 Sirius Bus Interface module.

Power Supply: 4-pin connector used to connect the supplied 58" power/ground (2-wire) harness.

I'll be curious to know if the new Pioneer Sirius tuner (CD-SB10) will have any more functions or will it work better compared to the old (SIR-PNR2) unit? Pioneer's website says it'll work with the AVIC-Z series and any other unit with Satellite Compatibility. Regretfully it's two separate units instead of one now (CD-SB10 & SC-C1).....
Actually, I got mine because it was separate units. Instead of the SC-C1 tuner, I connected my existing Sportster 5 to it through the new SCV-DOC1 dock. It allows me to use Sirius through the AVIC just like the SC-C1 tuner would but I can pull out my Sportster and put it on the bike on weekends - no need for a second subscription. The dock and Sportster hide away nicely in my console box where I can remove it easily but it's not hanging around on the dash looking like an add-on.
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...