AVIC411.com

quick install questions for a new guy

I think i figured out most of my install with the wiring but a few things still are unclear. I have my amp and sub i'm hooking up and need to know how to wire it. The d3 manual says that there are three different rca outputs to go to the amp. I always thought it was only one set needed to the amp. Also, the blue/white wire in the rca connector is what exactly?

the blue/white is the amp turn on lead. the rca's are going to depend on what type of amp you have. if its just a sub amp, then you only need the sub out rca's. the other two sets are for front and rear if you have a multi channel amp

thanks hifisi. I was a little confused on that part reading the manual. Where will that connet to on the amp tho?

Your amp should have an input for the remote line. Most of the time, it's labeled "remote", and is near the ground and power connection to your amp. On my Alpine PDX, it's #6 in this diagram:

post-17678-12872754290935_thumb.jpg

thanks hifisi. I was a little confused on that part reading the manual. Where will that connet to on the amp tho?

Your amp should have an input for the remote line. Most of the time, it's labeled "remote", and is near the ground and power connection to your amp. On my Alpine PDX, it's #6 in this diagram:

post-17678-12872754292964_thumb.jpg

ok so new question. Looking at the back of the unit, is there a screw of some sort to ground the unit. I want to make sure that I ground it well so I don't blow the microfuse.

99353799qn3.jpg

thought maybe the big hole up top that says a screw size was a ground place...not sure

I don't understand what you're asking... the radio has it's own ground wire. Ground it. Then ground the parking brake wire and relocated mute wire to the same ground location you used for the radio.

ok so new question. Looking at the back of the unit, is there a screw of some sort to ground the unit. I want to make sure that I ground it well so I don't blow the microfuse.

99353799qn3.jpg

thought maybe the big hole up top that says a screw size was a ground place...not sure

You shouldn't use the D3 chassis as a ground point for anything. You should use either the ground wire on your factory radio harness or a piece of steel behind the dash. And if you're doing the Bypass, the following wires will be connected to the ground point that you chose:

-Parking brake wire from D3 (light green)

-Ground wire from D3 (black)

-Mute wire from D3 (after you relocate it's posistion on the harness connector)(yellow/black)

And it's the black ground wire from the back of the D3 that provides the ground for the D3 system. To answer your question, the Bypass will provide a good enough ground for the fuze since the Bypass ground point contains the black ground wire from the back of the D3.