AVIC411.com

Im about to install a D3 in my 08 F150 FX4 SuperCrew. I am looking for the VSS wire location. I have assumed it was in the radio harness, but have read that they took it out in the 08 model. If it is not in the radio harness like the older models, where is it?

Also, will I need an adapter for the radio antenna? Thanks for any info.

OK, Update after two D3 installs on 08 F150. The antenna adapter mentioned above is correct. The VSS wire info is not. Both my FX4 Supercrew with Audiophile, and my brothers STX Supercab with regular CD player had the VSS wire in the radio harness. The wire is Gray with Black stripe. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Sometimes the info thats printed is wrong or hasn't been updated.Even my vss wire wasn't in the spot that was indicated.

Im sure your info is correct, I found it in the radio harness so I didnt need to go fishing for the pcm. Some say the VSS wire is no longer in the radio harness in the 08 F150, I just wanted to let people know I found it in two 08's so make sure and look before digging for the pcm.

• 3 weeks later...