AVIC411.com

Hey all i have a question, I have the avic-d3 and i want to put a sub in my trunk. I read that the avic already has an amp, so all i need is a speaker right?

i called bestbuy they said that i need an amp and a speaker..is this true??

thx

Hey all i have a question, I have the avic-d3 and i want to put a sub in my trunk. I read that the avic already has an amp, so all i need is a speaker right?

i called bestbuy they said that i need an amp and a speaker..is this true??

thx

Long version: While you could run a sub with the D3 power, it's very limiting. First of all, you would would only be able to have power going to the front speakers since the power normally going to the rear speakers would now be going into the sub. Also, you're limited by what sub you can get. The D3 installation manual says you can only use a 2 ohm sub that can handle up to 70 watts, MAX. Thats a tiny sub. In fact, most component speakers have a higher MAX watt rating than that. And for fun, say you did find a sub that came close to that 70w RMS max rating, your D3 would probably shut off half the time due to turning the volume of the D3 to max since you can't hear any bass coming out of the sub.

Short version: Best Buy is right. You need a amp to run your sub.

post-17678-12872754310256_thumb.jpg

post-17678-12872754311608_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...